Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Yougrids + jevents CSS conflict

05-28-2011, 09:53 AM
# 1 (permalink)
crossmr
I was wondering if anyone here ever tried these two together? I'm having a CSS headache with jevents and yougrids. It's up and running, but the 3 buttons in the header bar (including print) as well as the edit button which appears in the middle near the event description on the event page are all jammed up against the side.
I've spent about 2 hours with firebug trying to find something pointing to what is causing this but not having much luck .

you can see what it looks like there..
any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. My site isn't live yet, so I don't really have anything that you could log into but I can provide any information that might help solve this.
05-28-2011, 10:34 AM
# 3 (permalink)
crossmr
Quote:
My site isn't live yet
I don't have it running on an external webserver yet as I'm still hammering out various issues.

but I've never had any luck with anyone connecting outside the country, though I can connect to my machine from other machines in country.

[edit]had a typo in the link

[edit2] the calendar is under "Let's... plan an event"
05-29-2011, 02:48 AM
# 4 (permalink)
crossmr
I managed to solve this. sort of.
It seems that newsitems.css had a .buttonheading class that was conflicting with Jevents. When I commented it out, the buttons appear normal.
template.css was also missing a .contentheading class which jevents also calls. I added this:

Code:

.contentheading {
    font-size: 190%;
    font-weight: normal;
    line-height: 140%;
    margin: 0 -15px 14px;
    padding: 10px 15px 0;
}
to the yougrids template.css
the news buttons still appear okay in other places, so I'm not concerned about commenting out the class on that.