Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] K2 compatibility

02-09-2012, 02:20 PM
# 1 (permalink)
randallf
Sorry if this question is posted somewhere I spent about 2 hours and found nothing. Very simple question: Does YouNews Template support the K2 Ext. Thank you.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: YourNews - Joomla News Template

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No
02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
# 2 (permalink)
Skip2MyLou
Hello randallf.

K2 is a component. It gets installed in your demo, so you should be able to use it without problems.
02-09-2012, 05:51 PM
# 3 (permalink)
randallf
Not sure I understand the statement: It gets installed in your demo? So could you pls. link me to the proper way to install it so I can get that info to my Engineer because he does all the installing. Thanks in advance. Randall
02-09-2012, 06:10 PM
# 4 (permalink)
Skip2MyLou
K2 | The powerful content extension for Joomla! developed by JoomlaWorks

It means you install it like any other extension/component. Through extension manager in your administration.

I am sure your Engineer shouldn't have any issues installing it.
02-09-2012, 06:18 PM
# 5 (permalink)
randallf
That is the way it was installed!! Since you made it very apparent that it was a "Component" not an 'Extension' I thought it might install another way. The result is that when I make a new category in K2 it does not show up under any of the drop down menus under the modules.. like the yj10 slider or the yj8 slider... therefor is the reason we wondered if the template would support K2. So maybe we have some 'paramators' set up wrong? BTW we have a fresh load of 2.5.1 and the latest demo after it was updated a few days back... thought you might want to know that. Again Thanks in advance.. ~ R
02-10-2012, 10:13 AM
# 6 (permalink)
Skip2MyLou
You need to make a new menu item, choose K2 or K2 Category not sure, as menu item type and it will link you to the category. It won't appear by itself.
02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
# 7 (permalink)
randallf
Thank you... I will do as you say. If you in 'fact' know this will work... and I'm sure it will or you would not have posted it... You may close this ticket... I'm sure the support team has 'much' to keep busy with. Again thank for your professionalism and fast reply! ~ R
02-11-2012, 12:13 PM
# 8 (permalink)
Skip2MyLou
No problem, i am here to help

I will leave the thread open in case you run into any issues...
02-22-2012, 09:38 PM
# 9 (permalink)
randallf
Yup! Worked as you stated... thanks again.
02-22-2012, 11:08 PM
# 10 (permalink)
Skip2MyLou
No problem buddy. Anytime

Closing the thread...