Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Bother you with some questions:)

12-03-2009, 12:12 PM
# 1 (permalink)
maggoo
First off, i really like the clean looks of all your templates. So, i am very tempted to join untill i read the conditions of your non-developer accounts. My first question therefore is, is there any chance you will remove the imo strange condition of leaving the visible copyrights in tact anytime soon? Comparing to your competitors i can only imagine that this is hurting your customer base...

Anyways, since i always pay for any template that i use on a live site, please bare with me. I have test drived some of your templates on a local install, searched your forum a bit and tried some customizing. To my surprise i noticed that the psd's included are not sliced and that you advised to put the png's as a jigsaw on top of the original and thus re-create the slicing so to speak. So my second question would be, are there (for paying members) fully sliced psd's available to make customization that much easier?

Thanks in advance and always keeping an eye on the excellent stuff that is being produced here
12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
Sorry, but copyright will stay. We have not experienced a decrease in our customer base, and have had an increase from month to month. Purchasing a copyright is not such a bad thing as you might think. Our competitors are charging also, and at the higher price. As for PSD, the logo is always cut to the size of the logo used, and the layout is not sliced since we do not use PSD slices in development.
12-03-2009, 12:58 PM
# 3 (permalink)
jaycburton
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggoo
So, i am very tempted to join untill i read the conditions of your non-developer accounts. My first question therefore is, is there any chance you will remove the imo strange condition of leaving the visible copyrights in tact anytime soon? Comparing to your competitors i can only imagine that this is hurting your customer base...
I originally joined the template club about a year ago as a Platinum member. When it came time to renew recently, I upgraded to the Developer level because I was sold on the quality and design of their templates and extensions.

Do they make everything I need or want? No, but then neither does anyone else. However, I have found a helpful partner and community, which is something I can't say about other places where I've purchased similar products. Reasonable and appropriate questions are answered promptly in the forums, both by support staff and others in the trenches.

I would wager to say that if you were to put the time, effort and resources into developing these templates and resources, you would have similar licensing and copyright removal restrictions in place. You'd be crazy not to.

I plan on staying right here until someone invents a better mousetrap, as it were. Which means I ain't goin' nowhere... Just my $.02.
12-05-2009, 05:25 PM
# 4 (permalink)
maggoo
Thank you both for the fast answers, just took the plunge, so see you on the other side of the forum
12-05-2009, 06:50 PM
# 5 (permalink)
jaycburton
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggoo01
Thank you both for the fast answers, just took the plunge, so see you on the other side of the forum
Excellent. I feel certain you will not be disappointed.