Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Copyright removal from Templates

02-23-2013, 10:40 AM
# 1 (permalink)
zasada
Hi Neo,

I have the same question as 'chrisding' but am still not sure that I have well understood your explanation.

What does making templates exactly mean ? I recently purchased a 'developer plan'.

Assume the following scenario : I download a template from the template catalogue and deploy this for a customer as is. I make some simple modifications to the menus and fill the template up with new content. In fact I did not made a template from scratch but used the existing template from the catalogue. Is this action subject to a commercial offering ? If so, I do understand the logo has to remain visible on the homepage of this customer. If not, I assume it can be removed from the home page. In that case what is the procedure to remove this ?

To summarize I am struggling (not being a native English speaker) between 'making templates based on the YJSG framework' and 'downloading an existing template from the catalogues and customizing it with customer content'.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

Jozef Zasada
02-24-2013, 05:23 AM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Hello Jozef

From what you post, you are good

Having the Developer Plan gives you the ability to remove the logo and the Copyright from the Templates for your customers.

ps, I moved your post. Please start your own thread next time
02-25-2013, 11:49 AM
# 3 (permalink)
yjreggie
Hey zasada,

"Assume the following scenario : I download a template from the template catalogue and deploy this for a customer as is. I make some simple modifications to the menus and fill the template up with new content. In fact I did not made a template from scratch but used the existing template from the catalogue. Is this action subject to a commercial offering ?"

No, it is not subject to commercial offering. As a Developer, you are free to remove our logo and copyright from our templates for client websites, no problem. There should be instructions for you to remove the copyright removal in the Member Area. (Top Menu >> Dashboard >> Member Area).

I'll give an example of commercial offering:

You create a template site call "Zasada Template Club" and use our YJSG framework for your templates for everyone to download or purchase. In that case, you we ask you to retain visible "Powered by YJSG Framework logo".

Make sense?

Kind regards,

Reggie
02-26-2013, 07:34 AM
# 4 (permalink)
zasada
Hi Reggie,

Fully understood now. Your explanation is crystal clear !

Thanks a lot !

Kind regards,
Jozef.