Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Template language file takes over login form language file

07-25-2012, 05:32 AM
# 1 (permalink)
KingCobra
Hello,

I want to point out that in all your newer grid-templates something is going on with the template language file and the Joomla login module.
The template language file is taken over the language file of the Joomla module.

You can see it if you use another default language file then en-GB. In the login form the text stays English in stead of (in my case) Dutch (nl-NL).

But you can also see it if your default language is en-GB, because there are 2 language mistakes in the template language files:
Remeber me in stead of Remember me, and
Forgot your usearname? in stead of Forgot your username?
Or you can just go to a none YJ template and you see those 2 language mistakes are not there!
You can see the mistakes in each YJ-template language file and on all your demos on youjoomla.com.

Hope you can fix this in next release, so you don't have to change the template language file for using the login form properly.

Best regards,

Chris

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: Home

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No
It's nice to be good, but it's better to be nice!
07-25-2012, 06:50 AM
# 2 (permalink)
arefund
Hello KingCobra.

Thank you for noticing this language bug, i will froward this to head admin and we will fix this.

Thank you.
Kindness costs the least, but is worth the most!
02-06-2013, 08:27 PM
# 3 (permalink)
hurayrah

Hello,

I am a new member

I have the same problem with the language files, I need to translate the login panel to dutch, but editing the language files does not do the job. I hope the bug got fixed?

wbr,

hurayrah
02-07-2013, 06:12 AM
# 4 (permalink)
orion_
@hurayrah

What you can do is to download the template language file (templates folder, language folder),
example for YouMagazine: en-GB.tpl_youmagazine.ini

Open it in for example Notepad++
Make sure Encoding is set to "UTF-8 - No BOM"
Translate and change en-EN to nl-NL (nl-NL.tpl.youmagazine.ini

Upload to the nl-NL language folder and it will overwrite the template language.

Other translations in the Login form should come from your Deutch lang pack.
02-07-2013, 08:19 PM
# 5 (permalink)
hurayrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion_
@hurayrah

What you can do is to download the template language file (templates folder, language folder),
example for YouMagazine: en-GB.tpl_youmagazine.ini

Open it in for example Notepad++
Make sure Encoding is set to "UTF-8 - No BOM"
Translate and change en-EN to nl-NL (nl-NL.tpl.youmagazine.ini

Upload to the nl-NL language folder and it will overwrite the template language.

Other translations in the Login form should come from your Deutch lang pack.

Edit.

It worked perfectly. Thanks
02-08-2013, 02:56 AM
# 6 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

Are you sure that after you change the name of the language pack that you upload it to the MAIN Deutch language folder?
NOT the template language folder..