Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

setup of demo

03-27-2009, 08:19 AM
# 1 (permalink)
orion_
Hi
Finally I have given me time to do this the right way..not through fantastico.

I read through another similar post here and learned
What I did wrong is that I clicked on the entire demo folder and uploaded it to server.
Now the path to my installation is wrong, but works, but I want to get rid of the folder itself....
from support here in forum:

"this is how your folder tree should look like
after you transfer files to server
/home/user/public_html/
administrator
components

and so on

this would be wrong

/home/user/public_html/Sportline_demo_15/
administrator
components"

I renemed the demo folder, but I like to get rid of the folder containing the demo..
do I have to delete it with everything in it and set this up folder by folder and file by file?

I'll wait with further actions until I get it right

Bye O
03-27-2009, 09:08 AM
# 2 (permalink)
jeff21up
Hi
Are you using cpanel?
If so go into the demo folder that is holding all your files, select all then above click move, in the box that comes up backspace the path until you have public_html and then move them.
Jeff