Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

To upgrade the site

01-20-2009, 07:36 AM
# 1 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

I must confess I am a little afraid to upgrade from my 1.5.8 to the 1.5.9. Last time I upgraded from 1.5.7 through c panel at my host (lunarpages) and this was of cours no problem. I only needed to go to fantastico and click on joomla 1.5, and there I could see that I needed to upgrade, and clicked \upgrade\...everything worked fine.

Now, however, I can not see this in the c panle/fantastico, and I have read the instructions on joomla.org, but I am still a bit afraid,,because of language probl. I am not shure I understand everything.

Is it right understood, that I go to my server, open up the file manager, click on the public_html folder=> upload files=> brows my computer, find the joomla 1.5.9 upgrade file.zip and upload it?
Do I need to extract first? If so, do I just upload all the files, one by one?
What about the existing files in the public_html folder?

Do I delete some of them, and is my site just there like when I did this through fantastico?

Well, excuse me for my ignorance, :blush: but I just like to understand this a little better, before I start doing this.
Bye Ori
01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
backup your installation first, extract the upgrade to 1.5.9 zip and than transfer the files to your public_html folder overriding existing ones. if the file is not in fantastico it just means that your hosting provider did not upgrade their installation files