Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

domain extensions

09-13-2009, 10:40 AM
# 21 (permalink)
neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyzsolt
Hi,

I've uploaded my website to test it, to make sure that this isn't happening because I have it just on my localhost. Sadly the co.uk still didn't work.

I can't understand, how there can be a module with just 6 TLD's and none of the others would work. Also having 6 TLD's and not having the most imoprtant one's included in it (co.uk.) it's a bit pointless for me and not having the option at the backend to turn then on/ off.

The whole module is useless, and the template as well if the domain name can't be searched ...

Hoping to hear some constructive reply.

Regards,
S
Please read forum rules about custom work since this is custom adjustment. it is not support in forum. the extension is made as is to work with most used TLD's where .co.uk certainly is not one of them.
09-13-2009, 02:39 PM
# 22 (permalink)
hyzsolt
Hi,
toza63:
Since looking at the statistics. Te uk tld is always in the top 10.

You can search on google or have a look at the following:

Top TLD's 1-40 Sept07 (Two years old but still ok)

Most Popular Top-Level-Domains (TLD) @ Tech Crunchies – Internet Statistics and Numbers

Google’s most popular and least popular top level domains

Would be great instead of questions to have a solution.

neo: yes, you might be right that this would be a custom adjustment, but I still don't agree that the UK tld isn't one of the most used tld. Anyway, disappointed in this module.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
S
09-23-2009, 02:42 AM
# 23 (permalink)
Double D
The YJWhois module seems unable to do a lookup on domains with double extensions, i.e. co.za or co.uk, etc.

$this->serverList[6]['top'] = 'biz';
$this->serverList[6]['server'] = 'whois.nic.biz';
$this->serverList[6]['response'] = 'Not found';
$this->serverList[6]['check'] = false;

$this->serverList[7]['top'] = 'ca';
$this->serverList[7]['server'] = 'whois.cira.ca';
$this->serverList[7]['response'] = 'AVAIL';
$this->serverList[7]['check'] = false;

$this->serverList[8]['top'] = 'tv';
$this->serverList[8]['server'] = 'whois.internic.net';
$this->serverList[8]['response'] = 'No match for';
$this->serverList[8]['check'] = false;

$this->serverList[1]['top'] = 'co.za';
$this->serverList[1]['server'] = 'whois.coza.net.za';
$this->serverList[1]['response'] = 'No match for';
$this->serverList[1]['check'] = false;

The whois server is the correct server as I have confirmed this with the registrar. If I make the extension za only, the whois lookup actually goes through and gives me results.

My question is thus, why won't it lookup domains with double extensions?
10-08-2009, 06:12 PM
# 25 (permalink)
beromoon
Hi! I have the same problem inserting .mx extensions. I edited the code shown on this post using whois.nic.mx and whoismexico.com, both trusted whois systems but the site keeps turning no results only on this extensions.

This module is awesome, please help me out making this extensions work!
10-08-2009, 06:15 PM
# 26 (permalink)
beromoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D
The YJWhois module seems unable to do a lookup on domains with double extensions, i.e. co.za or co.uk, etc.

$this->serverList[6]['top'] = 'biz';
$this->serverList[6]['server'] = 'whois.nic.biz';
$this->serverList[6]['response'] = 'Not found';
$this->serverList[6]['check'] = false;

$this->serverList[7]['top'] = 'ca';
$this->serverList[7]['server'] = 'whois.cira.ca';
$this->serverList[7]['response'] = 'AVAIL';
$this->serverList[7]['check'] = false;

$this->serverList[8]['top'] = 'tv';
$this->serverList[8]['server'] = 'whois.internic.net';
$this->serverList[8]['response'] = 'No match for';
$this->serverList[8]['check'] = false;

$this->serverList[1]['top'] = 'co.za';
$this->serverList[1]['server'] = 'whois.coza.net.za';
$this->serverList[1]['response'] = 'No match for';
$this->serverList[1]['check'] = false;

The whois server is the correct server as I have confirmed this with the registrar. If I make the extension za only, the whois lookup actually goes through and gives me results.

My question is thus, why won't it lookup domains with double extensions?
===========================

YEP! .mx works fine but .com.mx nada!

If anyone finds the solution please share!
10-08-2009, 06:18 PM
# 27 (permalink)
beromoon
Oh! another problem, ALL domains searched turned back TAKEN, even when they're not

Pity... this module would have been a great add on to my site!
02-16-2010, 05:11 PM
# 28 (permalink)
itsimple
does anyone actually have a solution to this? I dont think this would be a custom job to set up the script so that we can add domains with an extra dot. if this many people want to be able to add to it themselves, could it be considered custom if it makes the module more useful to more people?

i tried this but deleted it because of some issues i will talk about after:

$this->serverList[0]['top'] = 'com';

$this->serverList[0]['server'] = 'whois.ausregistry.net';

$this->serverList[0]['response'] = 'No match for';

$this->serverList[0]['check'] = true;

$this->serverList[0]['xtn'] = '.au';

then i added the appropriate ['xtn'] variables after the ['top'] variables so that it would create a .com.au string and it works. but...

it doesnt work when only .com.au is selected in the front end. it does work when .com is selected in the front end but it returns both the .com request, and the .com.au request. I guess it is because the ['top'] variable seems to control the type of extension we are searching for. and because i have 2 ['top'] variables set to com in the array, it just thinks its right. we should have the ['top'] variable as a seperate item to the actual extension controller. maybe we could edit the source and make the array have 2 extra parts to it? one that gives a tag for the checkbox in the front end, and shows that it is different in the back end?

something like:

$this->serverList[0]['type'] = '.com.au';

$this->serverList[0]['top'] = 'com';

$this->serverList[0]['server'] = 'whois.ausregistry.net';

$this->serverList[0]['response'] = 'No match for';

$this->serverList[0]['check'] = true;

$this->serverList[0]['xtn'] = '.au';

Just for the record i cant remember the actual server name or response for .com.au but it was something like what i used above

if this sounds like i might be on the right track, let me know before i delve too deeply into this (please)
02-18-2010, 12:19 AM
# 29 (permalink)
beromoon
Has anyone find the solution for adding more extensions? I'm trying to add .com.mx and .mx, I'm using whois.nic.mx but it turns no results with .com.mx and wrong results with .mx:

$this->serverList[3]['top'] = 'mx';
$this->serverList[3]['server'] = 'whois.nic.mx';
$this->serverList[3]['response'] = 'NOT FOUND';
$this->serverList[3]['check'] = false;
02-21-2010, 04:32 PM
# 30 (permalink)
itsimple
no, we haven't found a solution for this. and nobody has responded to my question. it would seem to me that the free extensions may not be deemed important on this website. although i haven't been party to any topics on the paid extensions section.... maybe thats just what this websites support is always like?

All i want to know is if my post looks like i am on the right track with this idea, and whether or not i should spend my time (that i get paid for) here at work, pursuing this crazy notion that i might be able to get this component to work properly for ALL of us.