Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

domain extensions

03-09-2009, 09:28 AM
# 13 (permalink)
iman2009
Hello enkera12,

Did you ever get this to work for co.za - I am try to do the same thing but I also get nothing returned. Any help would be appreciated.
09-06-2009, 09:38 AM
# 14 (permalink)
hyzsolt
Hi,

I would like to add the .co.uk TLD, but for some reason it doesn't return any message. Please see the code below:

Code:

$this->serverList[8]['top']      = 'co.uk';
	$this->serverList[8]['server']   = 'whois.nic.uk';
	$this->serverList[8]['response'] = 'No match for';
	$this->serverList[8]['check']    = true;
The server is whois.nic.uk for the .co.uk TLD's, but nothing happens. Do I need to change something else as well?

Please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
S
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
# 15 (permalink)
neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyzsolt
Hi,

I would like to add the .co.uk TLD, but for some reason it doesn't return any message. Please see the code below:

Code:

$this->serverList[8]['top']      = 'co.uk';
	$this->serverList[8]['server']   = 'whois.nic.uk';
	$this->serverList[8]['response'] = 'No match for';
	$this->serverList[8]['check']    = true;
The server is whois.nic.uk for the .co.uk TLD's, but nothing happens. Do I need to change something else as well?

Please let me know. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
S

simply add

Code:

$this->serverList[9]['top']      = 'uk';
	$this->serverList[9]['server']   = 'whois.nic.uk';
	$this->serverList[9]['response'] = 'No match for';
	$this->serverList[9]['check']    = false;
09-07-2009, 03:33 AM
# 16 (permalink)
hyzsolt
Hi Neo,

Thank you for your reply.

That's something that I have tried, but I've tried it again and I got following result:

Quote:
Sorry but hostiit.uk IS TAKEN:Visit
That domain name isn't taken. Also the TLD should be co.uk. If I change it to:

Quote:
$this->serverList[9]['top'] = 'co.uk';
$this->serverList[9]['server'] = 'whois.nic.uk';
$this->serverList[9]['response'] = 'No match for';
$this->serverList[9]['check'] = false;
Then I get a blank screen.

Thanks,
S
09-08-2009, 08:57 AM
# 17 (permalink)
Double D
Has anybody had any luck with co.za domains? I'm also trying to get the whois module to work on my site, but I need to be able to serve co.za as an option for domain extensions.
09-09-2009, 07:56 AM
# 18 (permalink)
hyzsolt
I guess we are missing here something. Because after update it's not normal to get no answer if we have the correct server name.

What might be a problem ... is that I have my site only locally (XAMPP), but I don't think that should affect it, since the others (default ones) work.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
S
09-13-2009, 07:27 AM
# 19 (permalink)
hyzsolt
Hi,

I've uploaded my website to test it, to make sure that this isn't happening because I have it just on my localhost. Sadly the co.uk still didn't work.

I can't understand, how there can be a module with just 6 TLD's and none of the others would work. Also having 6 TLD's and not having the most imoprtant one's included in it (co.uk.) it's a bit pointless for me and not having the option at the backend to turn then on/ off.

The whole module is useless, and the template as well if the domain name can't be searched ...

Hoping to hear some constructive reply.

Regards,
S
09-13-2009, 10:33 AM
# 20 (permalink)
toza63
since when is co.uk most important tld ?