Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Front end publisher special access to submit articles?

10-31-2009, 03:24 PM
# 1 (permalink)
scribess22
I'm wondering if it is possible to give a front end publisher special access in submitting articles. As it stands, I have access to "submit articles" for registered users, but I need to restrict that capability more... is there an easier way to do this? ... thx... Dee
11-07-2009, 05:23 PM
# 2 (permalink)
scribess22
Hi Neo,

I'm still confused on the submit articles. I don't want all of the registered users to be able to submit articles, just the front end publisher. Is that possible?
11-07-2009, 05:27 PM
# 3 (permalink)
treehugger
Hi Dee
You can change individual users to Author, Editor or Publisher in the User Manager.
Have you tried this?
11-07-2009, 09:17 PM
# 4 (permalink)
jaycburton
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribess22
Hi Neo,

I'm still confused on the submit articles. I don't want all of the registered users to be able to submit articles, just the front end publisher. Is that possible?
Please see:
Joomla! • View topic - RESOURCE: User Group Access levels explained in simple terms!
11-10-2009, 04:01 PM
# 5 (permalink)
scribess22
Hi Treehugger,

Duh! I had designated the users as frontend publishers, but I hadn't really checked it out far enough to see that the "Submit articles" wasn't visible to registered users, only the publishers.... if that makes any sense.. thx..... Still learning, LOL....d.
12-24-2009, 04:24 AM
# 6 (permalink)
Mineshaft
Did you figure this out? I am trying to give some members the ability to submit articles. I see the user menu, I see how to grant a user special "author" status in user group.

How do I get a place for them to write and submit?

Thanks in advance
12-24-2009, 07:55 AM
# 7 (permalink)
orion_
Hello

When your user (with frontend user privileges) is logged in,
he will see 'New' under the news articles, and when it is clicked he is taken to the editor, but now it shows up only in frontend.

When you assign someone as Author, the article will not be published automatically.
The administrator must publish it.
To be able to publish the articles as well, this user must be a publisher

A small editor note and pencil beside the articles your user has made will be visible to him when he is logged in (in order to edit if needed)

ps. Remember next time to follow forum rules please, and start your own thread