Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Failed Login message

12-18-2011, 07:15 PM
# 1 (permalink)
shreejit_k
Hi,

I have a custom template and I have incorporated YJPop Login module into it. I have a small problem with Failed Logins whereupon the users DO NOT get an "error message" and get redirected onto an empty page.

What I am after is to show the users an error message of some sort when they enter wrong credentials/

How can I sort this issue out ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

SK
12-19-2011, 12:18 AM
# 2 (permalink)
joomlagold
read forum rules again please , we need more info about your system and links please

Youjoomla Support Forums - Forum Rules
12-19-2011, 09:01 PM
# 3 (permalink)
shreejit_k
Thanks for your response Joomlagold. I have PMed you the website address. I hope you can understand the reason I sent it as a PM. The site is still under construction and is a test project only and we dont want others accessing it yet.

I am using Joomla 1.7. Logging in with the correct login details work fine but if you enter wrong credentials then you are led to an empty page. Please let me know if you need more info.

I have made minor custom changes where I have changed the div class "popping links" to something else. Apart from that the code is the same as it is. Thanks for your help.
12-19-2011, 09:17 PM
# 4 (permalink)
joomlagold
not sure I see the problem , on logout im being redirected to index.php?Itemid=103 but I see session holding so there is something about this , im forwarding to developer and I think this is same issue
12-19-2011, 10:33 PM
# 6 (permalink)
shreejit_k
Thanks neo. I didnt realise you would be testing it this soon. I was playing around with a redirection plugin. I have disabled that plugin so you can have a crack at it once again.

Wrong credentials now will take you to a blank page.
12-19-2011, 11:03 PM
# 7 (permalink)
joomlagold
funny one.
index.php?Itemid=103
is dead now and is dead with or without the redirect

what did you select as redirect link ? and is this link ok
index.php?Itemid=103

go to Menu Main menu and find itemid 103 tell us what it is
12-20-2011, 12:53 AM
# 8 (permalink)
shreejit_k
itemid 103 is the Survey Page you go to upon logging in using the credentials I provided...so apparently on entering wrong credentials users are getting redirected to that same page. Survey page is not accessible to all users thats why I suppose we come across an empty page.

I remember when I tried this module out with one of the default templates that comes with Joomla, users get a message saying something like "Username and Password are not correct, please check details" - something along these lines, not sure what the exact statement was....Somehow it doesnt display that with my custom template.

Login Redirection Page - SURVEY
Logout Redirection Page - HOME
12-20-2011, 01:09 AM
# 9 (permalink)
joomlagold
I would say you dont have module positions usable or published on that page
12-20-2011, 01:32 AM
# 10 (permalink)
shreejit_k
Hmm so what do you think I should do ? I think when I tested this previously with a different template and entered wrong details, I got redirected to a separate page that displayed an error message.

Is there a way to accomplish that with my custom template ?