Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

YouGrids - Joomla Version 1.7.1 - Article & Module Display

10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
# 1 (permalink)
curbina
I would like to know how can I display the content of a custom module on a page instead of an article page?

Let me explain..
I have 4-5 Custom HTML modules with all the information and display format I need. This part work beautiful. The problem is..

I have 4-5 menu's links that I would like to use as my main menu and I want to use them to display my Custom HTML modules instead of a regular article page.

How can I do that? so far I am able to do what I want but when I don't know how to link that Custom HTML module to my menu's link.

I am stoked here please help!

Charles
10-26-2011, 04:13 AM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Hi Charles

Have you tried to use the 'loadposition' option in an article, and then use the Menu to display just that article..?

This is simple:
in the custom html module, where it say's position, write in the field (yes, it is possible)
some custom position name, for example charles1, save the module.

Then in an article, you give title and write only this:
{loadposition charles1}
save the article..

In menus, create your desired Menu tab, and type should be article, browse to the article you just made.. and you should be done.

It is possible you run into some things you need to do to make this work..
In Plugin Manager.. make sure this feature is enabled.
You might have to add this new position into the template xml file.

good luck.