Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

getting Error- error 500 invalid backend name []

08-23-2011, 08:51 PM
# 1 (permalink)
hawksfan
I was wondering if anyone has seen this error ? I downloaded the yousport template and jomsocial. When i go to edit a field in the backend of Joomla and i go to save I get this error.

500 - An error has occurred.
Invalid backend name []

Please help if you can.

YouGrids - YJSimpleGrid Joomla! Templates Framework Demo
08-24-2011, 04:01 PM
# 2 (permalink)
maggoo
Let's start with checking that your paths in your configuration.php are correct.

Also, in case you are upgrading from 1.6.5 to 1.7 please refer to http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_supp...mla-1-7-a.html.
08-26-2011, 02:09 PM
# 3 (permalink)
hawksfan
How would I know if they are correct ? I am running 1.6.6 and I installed jomsocial agian and it worked fine for about a day. I get the error code again today (3 days later)

I can not change the or edit jomsocial throught joomla backend. I am pretty new to and I just want to find out how to stop this from happening.

Debugging Hows this, I hope it helps.

500 - An error has occurred.
Invalid backend name []

Return to Control Panel

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JAdministrator->dispatch() /home/seahawks/public_html/administrator/index.php:47
2 JError::raiseError() /home/seahawks/public_html/administrator/includes/application.php:165
3 JError::raise() /home/seahawks/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:179
Errors

Invalid backend name []
Information

Backtrace

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JAdministrator->dispatch() /home/seahawks/public_html/administrator/index.php:47
2 JError::raiseError() /home/seahawks/public_html/administrator/includes/application.php:165
3 JError::raise() /home/seahawks/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:179
08-27-2011, 06:40 AM
# 4 (permalink)
maggoo
Just to get this clear, you only get this when you have installed jomsocial? Or do you also get this without jomsocial?
08-28-2011, 06:31 PM
# 5 (permalink)
hawksfan
only with jomsocial.
08-29-2011, 04:12 PM
# 6 (permalink)
maggoo
I am afraid this is a jomsocial problem: Google, and i think it would be better to ask them.

Maybe one of the other users or mods here have more experience with this extension, and maybe they can offer a solution.