Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

How to customize module

06-23-2011, 03:10 PM
# 1 (permalink)
closeupman
Hi,

I've read the manual and tried playing with it, but not sure how to use my own files.

Here's what I've tried:
uploaded my file to the mod_yj_piecemaker/images folder

The image doesn't show in the drop down list.

Next tried to edit the mod_yj_piecemaker.xml in the mod_yj_piecemaker folder to add my filename directly to slide1 (replacing the piecemaker.png with my new filename (e.g. mypicture.jpg).

It still doesn't show up in the slide 1 dropdown box.

----
Do I need to create my own XML file in the NEW template folder and edit that?

Or is there an easier way?
It would be nice if you created a screencast or more detailed pdf.

Thanks.
06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
# 2 (permalink)
chrisjclay
Quote:
Originally Posted by closeupman
Here's what I've tried:
uploaded my file to the mod_yj_piecemaker/images folder

The image doesn't show in the drop down list.
Hi,

Sounds like you uploaded the images to the wrong place If you look inside your main /images folder (not /modules) you should see a folder called "yj_piecemaker". Give that a try and I think your images will appear in the drop down list.

Cheers,
Chris
06-23-2011, 03:46 PM
# 3 (permalink)
closeupman
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjclay
Hi,

Sounds like you uploaded the images to the wrong place If you look inside your main /images folder (not /modules) you should see a folder called "yj_piecemaker". Give that a try and I think your images will appear in the drop down list.

Cheers,
Chris
Hey Chris,

Thanks a lot. That did it. Just wondering why Index.html shows up in the drop down, that made me think to use the module images subfolder. I didn't even think to use the media manager.

Now though when I enabled the module and look at my website it says:
To create your custom module layout please go to modules/mod_yj_piecemaker/tmpl/New/default.php

How do I go about doing that?

EDIT
put module template back to default to see if it would work out of the box and get:
Missing plug in

Thanks,
David