Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Modules positioning - want to align to right.

05-14-2011, 02:55 PM
# 1 (permalink)
rpacdn
I just installed a YouJoomla template. Can someone tell me how to position modules of the template. Here is the scenario.

The top row has 5 module positions top1 to top5 from left to right.
I like to place the "Search" in module position "top5", but I have nothing in modules positions "top1' to "top4". That means when I place the Search in top5 position, it will actually get displayed at the top left corner of the page, instead of the top right corner.

Without having anything in the other module positions, how can I force that "top5" module to appear on the top right corner?

Thank you for your time.
05-16-2011, 07:46 AM
# 3 (permalink)
rpacdn
I am using the YouGrids template for Joomla 1.6. But I think the issue will be the same for all templates.
05-16-2011, 09:25 AM
# 5 (permalink)
rpacdn
Okay Thank you.

But wouldn't it be better if I float the module position, in this case, top5 to "right" instead of an individual module. Because then regardless of what object, whether it be "Search" or an image or "Latest News" that I place in top5 position, it will be positioned to the right.

If that is a better appraoch what should I change in the CSS?
05-16-2011, 11:38 AM
# 6 (permalink)
neo
you cant , if 1 module is there than its width is 100%, you can do

#top1{
width:200px!important;
float:right;
}

it is simple css this way you can adjust it how you need