Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Host template help

05-13-2008, 07:09 PM
# 1 (permalink)
connouk
Hi, i have the hosting template. i need to edit the plans and change to my plans. the only way i found to edit the plans is to edit the layout.psd. if this is the right way to edit them what do i save it as and where do i upload it to.
05-13-2008, 07:19 PM
# 2 (permalink)
CProject60
The purpose of the demo is so that you can see the codes, layout file, types used. Just make sure to turn off your wysiwyg editor before looking in the modules. And when opening the modules just exit them if youre just looking. Also use Firefox to view page info.
05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
# 3 (permalink)
connouk
Im a noob at this, i dont have a clue what your saying m8. ive uploaded the jhosting_15 to my site that what the readme file says. now all i need to do is edit plan one two and three. there is no way of doing this the only way i found is to open the layout.psd i open that with photo shop ive edited the plans. i dont know what to save it as or what to do with it.
05-13-2008, 08:21 PM
# 5 (permalink)
connouk
adobe photoshop cs3 that all i have m8.
05-13-2008, 08:35 PM
# 6 (permalink)
CProject60
Im trying to show you how to identify the file type. I could go look for you but what would you have learned? Two ways you can do it.

1.The image files are in the image folder you can go there and see what file type they are.

2.You can right click on the picture in a web browser to find the properties of the image.

3. http://www.demo.youjoomla.com/joomla...ries/plan2.jpg
05-14-2008, 05:20 AM
# 7 (permalink)
connouk
yes i know that it is a jpg file. have you ever edited the layout.pds before?. all i want is to edit the plans, save it and upload to my website so they show as my plans.
05-14-2008, 06:55 AM
# 8 (permalink)
treehugger
I dont see why this cant be simply done - just make sure you name the PSD parts the same as the originals - i.e BG.jpeg or logo.png etc etc.

is that what you meant?
05-14-2008, 07:58 AM
# 9 (permalink)
connouk
lol i bet this is realy simple, on the hosting template you have 3 hosting plans, but these do not come in psd files so you can edit them. the only file you have is a layout.psd. all i want to do is edited the plans to mine and upload them. if anyone has the hosting template and already done this please help. im going round in circles
05-14-2008, 08:16 AM
# 10 (permalink)
CProject60
This might not be the right way to do it. But this is what I always do. I just open the image in any photo editing software. Just erase or clone a area of white space to replace over the writing. And then replace it with new text in the photo editing software.