Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

How to change the e-mail address of my profile?

03-25-2011, 10:33 AM
# 1 (permalink)
espacoautomotivo
Hello everyone!

For the last two weeks I've been trying to change the e-mail of my profile, with no success. Just because, in the indicated area to do it, there is no e-mail field, just password and domain.

Also, I've tried to contact the support team, and for my surprise there were no replies at all. I've also sent a PM (private message) to Neo and the response was the same: no response!.

First, something so basic should be easy to do (to change de e-mail address) and it can be considered a priority level in terms of security. Imagine if someone is using my current e-mail address without my permission, one of the things I would do is to change this address for the services that uses it. I know that this is not the only thing to do in a situation like this (I know, believe me!), but it is one the things and it is urgent.

Second, this is a private information and belongs to the user, so it must be available for the user at anytime.

I'm sorry, your service in general is high class and I am a fan of your work, but I was really disappointed with the lack of feedback in a so basic but not less important matter.

So, please, can you tell me where to change this information?

Thank you.
03-25-2011, 10:51 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
your emails bounced back , you made mistake when you typed the email address , since you never said what your new email is we could not change it.

Emails canot and should not be changed by user , otherwise we would have security issue

as for PM , you be better off by posting here or emailing support( with correct email) instead pm me . I never check those and I have hundred coming per day for simple how to .
03-25-2011, 11:29 AM
# 4 (permalink)
espacoautomotivo
Hi Neo! So nice of you to reply, fast, patience and polite with the customers as always.

Well, How can I have mistyped my e-mail if was able to register myself?

(I maybe wrong, really wrong, so please correct me if I am): if I can not change my own e-mail address here then I have a security issue for myself. Does this information belongs to me?.
And I never said what is the new e-mail because I thought that I could do it myself.

Sorry, but sometimes, it is really frustrating....

so, again: how can I change my e-mail address?

Thanks for the feedback.

Ps.: I've sent another request to the support and I'll wait the required 24 hours. Please, don't get me wrong, but you are making a simple task too complicated. But, well you may have your reasons...
03-25-2011, 07:18 PM
# 5 (permalink)
espacoautomotivo
Support has changed my information. You can close this one as solved.