Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

YJ MegaMenu Doesn't show item images in IE. & Loads Dropdowns To The left..

04-10-2011, 12:56 PM
# 21 (permalink)
lesclesdelagestion
It's Windows Vista 32 bits (official of course, but new install by the constructor after mother card crash) in HP portable computer.
10-29-2011, 02:27 AM
# 23 (permalink)
ovesveen
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
ok , it think we on to something , all our devs use 64bit.
Have You found out more about this? I have the same problem one my pc using IE8 - all submenues shows up at the same place - to left.
10-29-2011, 06:34 AM
# 24 (permalink)
neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovesveen
Have You found out more about this? I have the same problem one my pc using IE8 - all submenues shows up at the same place - to left.
did not fund anything but please look at the post date this was in April, and also be specific if you have this issue, OS , file versionetc
10-30-2011, 07:50 AM
# 25 (permalink)
ovesveen
Thanks for responding neo. Here are some feedback from me:
1. This is not a problem isolated to the few users that have written on this forum. It is a challenge for everyone who has made sites with these templates (that are excellent in all other ways).
When a percentage of us experience these problems, will also a percentage of the readers/customers experience this problems regardless if the developer experience problems on his own pc .
2. The challenge is: For some users, using ie8 and ie7, the submenu will be impossible to reach because it always shows up to the left at the page and not under the parent menu item in the horizontal menu.
(When you have a parent menu item to the right in the horizontal menu it is impossible to reach the submenu because when you move the cursor in that direction the submenu will disappear when the cursor leaves the parent menu item ...)

3. For me and the other people who have commented this, this can be solved by using Google Chrome or upgrade to IE9. That's peace of cake.
But it still remains that for all of us (also Youjoomla) will a percentage of the readers and customers not be able to navigate on our sites. This The percentage is maybe very low, but it is hard to know.

4. The technical part:
a) The problems occurs regardless of Joomlaversion (1.5-1.7 etc) and regardless of Youjoomlatemplate and regardless if it is me who have established the site or if it is others, like Youjoomlas own demos. (Even on the demo of your newest one – You Fact - the promlem occurs when i visit http://joomla1.5.youjoomla.info/youfact/)
b) I meet the problem on a pc using IE8.
Windows Vista Home Premium with service pack 2
RAM 4 GB
32 bits

And again: It's no point fixing my computers setting. I am normally not using IE8. I use Google Chrome for everything, and there are everything working just fine. The question and challenge is, how many of our users experience this problem?

regards
10-30-2011, 08:02 AM
# 26 (permalink)
ovesveen
This goes over my head, but maybe it has something to do with this matter?:

asp:menu fix for IE8 problem available - Tales from the Evil Empire

and something about the z-index here:
http://weblogs.asp.net/mhildreth/arc...6/testing.aspx
10-30-2011, 10:48 AM
# 27 (permalink)
ovesveen
Here are some obscure observations in IE8 that maybe can help:
a) Holding the cursor over a menu element in the horizontal topmenu the submenu will as usual pop up to the left of the side.
b) Moving the cursor very slowly downwards the parent menu element:
In the moment the cursor goes from the textfield in the menu to the little visible ore invisible rectangle of the menu element where the text is place in (in the padding area of the text I think) – I can in a millisecond see the submenu placed where it should be placed – before it goes back to the left position again.
But also in this millisecond the sub menu is not placed exactly where it should be – since the first item of the submenu places at exactly the same place as - and cover - the parent menu item – and not under the parent menu item in the horizontal menu - as it should do.
10-30-2011, 08:45 PM
# 28 (permalink)
neo
ok , the problem for me is that I simple cant replicate , one of our team members has the old IE8 , I have testers , IE9 and all others , we both tested but I think it is vista issue and I think it has something to do with addons on IE or the settings. one thing I do recall that I saw few of our competitors demos with old old v of IE8 and vista , before we made the grid , and I recall that their menus in IE8 simply did not work , no images no action and no subs .

I will do more testing but if I cant see it I cant fix it either.

tell me , did you apply this fix?

asp:menu fix for IE8 problem available - Tales from the Evil Empire
10-30-2011, 08:51 PM
# 29 (permalink)
neo
do this also please ,

go here with that version of IE that is casuing trouble
Tryit Editor v1.4

and copy the right window content and paste it here please,

our menu JS is also checking for IE7 version to do some needed fixes , it could be that your browser version does not output correctly