Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Scary IE message (SOLVED)

05-06-2008, 05:46 PM
# 1 (permalink)
treehugger
As a fan of Fire Fox I thought to myself just now that I had better preview all my hard work in IE.

And this is the scary error message that came up

Quote:
out of memory on line:2
So I ran a joomla performance scan and this is the result

How the frickity blink can 2 script files be 74k when the recommended is 10?????!!!

I have the Equalizer template for J1.5 and on front page I have changed the header for a small animated gif

I also have:
suckerfish menu
jweather mod
jpowered scrolling script embedded in an image
Whos Online
Login

There are 5 frontpage articles - the leading one being the one with the scrolling script in.
AND I was planning on using Image slider on the front page too.

Error messages like that make me really nervous and Im presuming the problem is what has been outlined in the joomla performance reuslts.Of course I could be totally wrong and its nothing to do with that at all.

Either way can somebody please help and advise me what to do.

Edited to say:

I just re-read what Id typed and realised it was about as clear as mud. I apologise (too much caffeine) let me be more clear.

is the error message a direct result of the script file being so big? If so HOW and WHY is the script file so BIG and how do I go about resolving this.

Thanks for your time
05-06-2008, 05:57 PM
# 2 (permalink)
CProject60
Need link to website to see if we have the same problem in our browsers.
05-06-2008, 06:00 PM
# 3 (permalink)
treehugger
I will need to give you a user name and password as its in maintenance mode - can I email them to you?
05-06-2008, 06:06 PM
# 4 (permalink)
CProject60
One things missing. The web address!

Ill give Neo the Information.
05-06-2008, 06:33 PM
# 5 (permalink)
treehugger
:blush:

www.tkofm.com

Neos gonna be sick and fed up with me.
:lol:
05-06-2008, 06:56 PM
# 6 (permalink)
CProject60
Ok I had the same problem with one of my sites. It was a conflict with the Java Script. It took me three tries on your site ,before it opened in IE6 it worked in FF. Waht I had to do was unpublish each Java Script item one at a time to see what was causing the problem. Whit me it was the Google AdSense.
05-06-2008, 07:04 PM
# 7 (permalink)
treehugger
Cheers CP - I had gone through the elimination process already but Ill do it again.
05-06-2008, 08:29 PM
# 8 (permalink)
treehugger
Damn and blast - wouldnt you know its the JPowered scrolling text!!

The second most important bit on the front page.

Thanks for help anyhoo.....

*goes back to the proverbial drawing board
05-06-2008, 10:04 PM
# 9 (permalink)
CProject60
Im glad you found what was causing the problem. But Im sure youll find something else to put there without causing a conflict. Because I have faith in you and you did a great job of putting the site together.