Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Does Mega Menu Have a link amount limitation?

03-02-2011, 05:09 PM
# 1 (permalink)
karimlo
Hi, I am designing this website using Yougrids on Joomla 1.5.22
I have used the template on couple websites and it's been working fine.
On this new website, an RTL language website, the website is working great.
However, I encountered a strange problem.

I was adding menu links to the main (MEGA MENU) and at after adding this one sub-link to one of the first level links, the website went blank. A blank page.
I unpublish the link and the site works.
I tought creating another link to test, but same thing: the website went blank.
I added five different sublinks and each time I publish any one of them the site goes blank.

Is there some kind of limit to how many sublinks or links you can add to the Mega Menu?

Please Help!
03-02-2011, 07:10 PM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Please read forum rules and post a link to your installation for support
03-03-2011, 09:34 AM
# 3 (permalink)
karimlo
Hi, it's a Yes or No question.
I just need to know whether there is a limit before I can move to the next step and read the rules etc. This is an emergency as I am delivering this project to Client.

Thanks
03-03-2011, 09:49 AM
# 4 (permalink)
orion_
I am not aware of any limitations to the submenus
03-03-2011, 09:52 AM
# 5 (permalink)
orion_
In order to be able to give support we need at least more information.

What type of menu were you publishing? (with thumb, with module? etc..)
03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
# 6 (permalink)
karimlo
I actually am not using any fancy links. All I am doing is having the links directed to either a section, a category or in two cases a component. (Contact, and Web Links)

It looks like each time I want to publish a new menu link, the website gives me a blank page. I don't mean the link to that page or section, it is the whole website that becomes unavailable (Blank Page)
As soon as I unpublish "any" one of those added menu links the website comes back. It feels like I have reached a limit of links or something.
What kind of information do you need?

Joomla 1.5.22
Arabic Language
RTL
Hosted on Inmotionhosting
Running a Youjoomla Latest Yougrids (for Joomla 1.5)
The Mega Menu Plugin is "Obviously" Installed, active and working...

I have no clue why it is doing that.

Any idea?
03-03-2011, 12:36 PM
# 7 (permalink)
neo
it means that there is an error on that page , we need to trace it down , either look in your error log or turn on error reporting to max , and to further help you we need the link to the installation
03-03-2011, 01:04 PM
# 8 (permalink)
karimlo
When I turn The debugging settings on and I publish one of those menu links, the website goes blank and doesn't even list the debugging text... Funny!

Anyways. I don't want to display my link publicly as it is a sensitive piece of information. But I can send you the URL separate. By the way what do you mean by installation link?

Just the URL or you want to login to the Joomla Admin Backend?
03-03-2011, 02:03 PM
# 10 (permalink)
karimlo
I turned the SEF off, and the whole website went blank