Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Mega Menu under Flash Slideshow (z-index problem)

02-24-2011, 07:09 PM
# 1 (permalink)
pardusizmir
Hello,

My problem is mega menu submenus are under the flash slideshow and not reachable on IE(8). I have checked the z-index properties in menus.css but not solved.

I use Vinaora Slickshow under the main menu (user1) but there is a conflict that I couldn't solve.

(There is no problem on Firefox)

Thanks in advance...

02-24-2011, 08:41 PM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Have you tried to go higher with the z-index for the menu items? ..
02-28-2011, 09:38 PM
# 3 (permalink)
pardusizmir
I did try... But nothing... I have found some code with firebug. I couldnt find this code anywhere inside menu.css or other php files. It is not defined in css files. But where?

"top_menu YJSG_listContainer" z-index is defined as 1000 in this div style not in css file. Where can i find this code and set it to a higher value?

You can see the snapshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snapshot.jpg (41.7 KB, 9 views)
02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
# 4 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

try menu.css about line 14,

#topmenu_holder {
display: block;
margin: 0 auto;
padding: 0 0 10px;
position: relative;
width: 100%;
z-index: 9000; <-----try to go higher
}

I would think you need to add z-index to the submenu so try to add it to the submenu code. It is in the menu.css

Check the code for the flash player, see if it has any z-index, if so, lower it and test
03-01-2011, 07:35 AM
# 5 (permalink)
neo
line 349 in mouseover.js , note depending on the mootools and joomla version , check head code to see which mouseover is used
mouseover.js or mouseover13.js or mouseover12.js