Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

YouZine

01-11-2011, 02:18 PM
# 1 (permalink)
chelton
i'd really like to buy the template. i have the free version membership. do i have to buy the other membership level to have access to this product as information is extremely vague... not just about what i'd be getting

(for example... if i can purchase, am i actually purchasing this: Welcome to the Frontpage and everything promised on this page? ... and, is there no way for me to demo under a free membership?)

thanks so much in advance--
mm shepherd
01-11-2011, 02:43 PM
# 2 (permalink)
maggoo
We have free and we have commercial templates. For the commercial templates you have to purchase a membership.

All membership plans are listed here:Youjoomla Signup

Membership plans are the most rewarding way of obtaining our templates, since this will give you access to all templates and extensions and will also give you access to our support forum.

Alternatively you can buy a single template, this you can find here: Youjoomla Signup

This is slighter cheaper than the membership plans, but will only give you one template. If you have any more questions regarding membership please ask.

Now to your specific questions. Both with any of the membership plans and the single template purchase you will get access to a demo installation. This is an exact replica of what you see on the demo server, so you will get what you see.

Free download of our commercial templates is not possible. I can only advise you to try one of our free templates to get a feel for what is what. If you decide to buy a membership you will be acquainted with how things works with the added bonus of all the extra template feauture of our commercial templates.
01-11-2011, 02:49 PM
# 3 (permalink)
chelton
many thanks for the speedy reply---
mm shepherd
01-11-2011, 06:18 PM
# 4 (permalink)
chelton
one last question. when you get the template files, is it just a matter of installing in template directory? and, you don't have to install demo, right? i already have articles running in joomla, i just wondered if Youzine is like switching templates or is there additional installations required?
01-11-2011, 07:52 PM
# 5 (permalink)
maggoo
You can just install the template over your current installation, no demo install needed. But do see that there are several extensions used in the youzine demo, and those you could install as well. In single template purchase those extensions are only included in the demo, but when you pick one of the membership plans you can install those seperately.
01-11-2011, 08:15 PM
# 6 (permalink)
chelton
are the extensions these:
"YouZine also comes with modified YJ Image Slider 3.0 , YJ Newsflash 3.0 enhanced with JComments and JoomlaComment support , YJ Multitabs , YJ Tag Cloud and YJ Latest Tweets module."
?
01-11-2011, 08:33 PM
# 7 (permalink)
maggoo
Yes those are the ones.

In general you have a template that styles all the elements. Extensions add extra functionality to the core functions of Joomla. So if you already have a joomla site you can install a new template on it which will style all current elements, and if you want extra functionality you can also install extra extensions.
01-11-2011, 09:03 PM
# 8 (permalink)
chelton
as i buy my silver membership (i have only 1 domain) i would then have access to download the template and the extensions/modules for the $55, correct?

is extra programming required to make a current joomla site look as the demo of YouZine or can you out-of-the-box install the template in the template dir. and the extensions/modules in the modules folder and have it look as the demo site?

Thank you for your extreme patience with all these questions, i have been out of the programming loop for about 5 yrs. i like the demo of YouZine and how it is advertised as an easier solution that others i've looked at.
01-12-2011, 04:42 AM
# 9 (permalink)
maggoo
Yes, correct.

Installing goes like this: Knowledgebase Categories, so you don't put it there, but you install it from the backend. Joomla puts it in the right folder for you.
01-12-2011, 09:12 AM
# 10 (permalink)
chelton
many, MANY thanks--