Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

change template banner pictures

12-25-2010, 09:11 AM
# 1 (permalink)
temsah
Hi
I just bought a template for travel and i wanted to change the banner pictures , I mean replace the banner pictures

how can i do that, Please help

Gyalgin Sherpa
12-25-2010, 05:54 PM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Hello and welcome to the forum..

Can you be a bit more specific please..
There are two templates for Travel, Youtravel and Destination

When you mean banner, do you mean pictures in the slider?
12-26-2010, 09:27 AM
# 3 (permalink)
temsah
hi there
Yes, i want my own picture on banner, where picture rolls over and over showing different picture in different intervals.
Now there are youtravel pictures, i want to put my company pictures, i have uploaded the template but could not find to replace the pictures.

waiting for your answers
Best Regards and Happy New Year to you
Gyalgin
12-26-2010, 09:51 AM
# 4 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

If you go into module manager, and find this slider.
It should be one of the first items you see there listed.
Look for positions, advert1 and or type mod_yj_ns7
This is your module.
When you open it, look at the parameters.
The first one is News items Category, and you have a drop down to choose from the Categories.

You can choose to use existing categories and just change the images out for you own (and the text)
or you can create your own, and choose it there in this drop down list to make it appear in the slider.
To find correct articles, go to Article Manager, and find the same category that is by default used in the module. (that is if you want to change the images out for your own)
12-26-2010, 10:32 AM
# 5 (permalink)
temsah
hi Orion
I try to find, on module manager but when i open it, i saw advert1 and click on parameter, there is no such thing called News items Category. There is just Category under which i found:
Joomla
Joomla! Promo
Text Ads
thats all and under the article manager, i can not find any file associated with youtravel, its all joomla files. do you think i have to download you travel source files and upload in it? what all needed? i have just downloaded template and uploaded nothing else.
Please help

Where images actually stored? so that if i replace them, i could see changes on index?

Best regards
Gyalgin
12-26-2010, 10:46 AM
# 6 (permalink)
orion_
Are you sure you opened the module for the slider mod_yj_ns7 ?

do you have a link to your installation?

You only need to upload the images into images/stories folder, where most images for your website would be.
Then you create new article, add the image you want, and intro text you want, and publish it in the category you want the slider to show.
12-26-2010, 11:05 AM
# 7 (permalink)
temsah
Yes i did open it and saw those category with all joomla stuffs, I donot have link cause i am actually working working offline, localhost, after design is complete, i will upload to the server, actually i am new and fresh for such site but have some basic idea about joomla.
thats why i try to work on and could not figure out how to work on templates, change pictures, put new itineraries etc.
can you suggest someone coach me, i can pay for it. As i am also joining associate degree on web development at the university of phoenix and this coach would help me to great extend.
if some one can coach me please call me, i am in New York and my phone is: 718-839-5008

Best Regards
gyalgin
12-26-2010, 11:38 AM
# 8 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

I sent you a little message in your private message inbox.
01-04-2011, 05:34 PM
# 10 (permalink)
Wilby323
Have you been able to figure it out temsah? It really shouldn't be too hard. Wouldnt it suffice to just upload the images you want into the folder, with the same names as the default ones? As for a different text, that may be more difficult. Anyhow, if you make it work it would be nice to see the site in action.