Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

softech template help

05-05-2008, 01:42 PM
# 11 (permalink)
kainzip
Almost have a working site. A couple more questions:

1) in the demo frontpage, what module was used to publish the \service management\ blurb in the advert1 position?

2) How do you go about getting a different text font/color (eg white text) in the advert1 position, and a different font display in the actual article?

Thanks.
05-05-2008, 02:24 PM
# 12 (permalink)
CProject60
1) in the demo frontpage, what module was used to publish the \service management\ blurb in the advert1 position?

advert1: My Frontpage Slider Module
advert2: Image Slider Module

2) How do you go about getting a different text font/color (eg white text) in the advert1 position, and a different font display in the actual article?

My Frontpage Slider Module:

Module Parameters: In the module parameters youll see the settings to change the front color. To change the front in the article you would use your wysiwyg editor.
05-05-2008, 03:58 PM
# 13 (permalink)
kainzip
I installed the template on joomla 1.5. Will the frontpage slider included in the softech package work on 1.5?
05-05-2008, 04:09 PM
# 14 (permalink)
CProject60
Was there a My Frontpage Slider J 15 in the package you downloaded?
05-05-2008, 04:19 PM
# 15 (permalink)
kainzip
Dont know how to tell, but I dont think so. In a previous post in this thread, neo said that the demo included in the package was not a 1.5 demo, and that he was working on putting together a 1.5 demo. So this probably means the slider included was not for 1.5?
05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
# 16 (permalink)
CProject60
Contact Neo using the contact us at the bottom of the page. And let him know you need the My Frontpage Slider J 15. Refer him to this post.
05-06-2008, 03:54 PM
# 17 (permalink)
kainzip
OK, I installed the fp slider (thanks Neo for that). I dont see, though, a facility to change the font size of the text I want to have appear in the advert1 position. I see an option to change the color only. What am I missing? In the demo, the text in the advert1 position is a much higher point size than what I get.
05-06-2008, 04:39 PM
# 18 (permalink)
kainzip
One other thing. I noticed that the parameters for this slider include lots of items for images (eg intro image height/width, image align, etc.). Is the text in the demo advert1 position an image? I had a smiley in the body of the article I wanted to display in advert1, and this smiley showed up along with some text from the article, and a \read more\ link. But when I removed the smiley and had only text left in the article, nothing but the article title shows up in the advert1 position. Confusing...
05-06-2008, 05:26 PM
# 19 (permalink)
kainzip
Sorry, must be going crazy. Upon closer look, font size in advert1 is not different from whats in the article. And as for missing text, I saw the other posts in the fp slider forum and figured out that I need an intro image in order for text to appear in the slider. So the only question is:
Are the large point size titles in the demo (\software solutions\, \service management\, global enterprise\) actually images? If not, where are the images that allow the rest of the text to appear?

Last, Im not sure if this post belongs in a separate forum/thread - sorry if it does.