Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

softech template help

04-29-2008, 11:38 PM
# 1 (permalink)
kainzip
Hello all,
I bought the softech template (Paypal transaction ID 00G13623H6846701F)and have installed it at siteground.com using joomla 1.5 installer. I am having problems with it. I cant seem to change the overall color scheme (editing the template from template manager gives me an error that parameters.ini file is not writable!? , and the drop down list where I can supposedly choose colors shows blue, orange, and 5 greens). Also, for some reason, when I load the home page, the colorful banner doesnt show up (only some black boxes where the banner should be are visible). For an example, see http://75.125.62.4/~orcristb/. I am frustrated because Im not a technical wizard, and everything I read about joomla and template installation suggested to me that it was supposed to be EASY!

Thanks for any suggestions.
04-29-2008, 11:45 PM
# 3 (permalink)
neo
sorry my bad , there is no demo for Joomla 1.5 Softech. Ok , to have template look like demo pages , you must rearange modules. Templates are only the layouts not the content . Content is controled by Joomla. As for colorchange , I am checking the download now for the green green issue , parameters.ini file is not writable! is joomla security , the file is writtable but the warning tells you that it is not writtable after you hit save
04-29-2008, 11:57 PM
# 4 (permalink)
neo
ok downloads are updated , green green issue fixed, as for Demo Joomla 1.5 , I will do my best to have it updated by Friday.
04-30-2008, 12:12 AM
# 7 (permalink)
kainzip
Wow, thanks for the quick reply. So two questions for now:
1) does this mean I should uninstall the previously installed template and re-install the updated one?
2) RE the joomla 1.5 demo that youre trying to get ready, what does this mean exactly? Will I have to uninstall my previous joomla install, and re-install manually with the demo? Im asking because I used the auto-installer at siteground which I found to be simple to do.

Thanks!
04-30-2008, 12:16 AM
# 8 (permalink)
neo
1)Yes
2) If you look in your download there is already Softech Demo for Joomla 1.0.15 . That is exact replica of our demo site that can get you started. Long time ago there was no such thing and you had to make your own demo content. Now all you need to do is install the demo and you basically start from there. you probably installed Joomla once or twice already and every time you install it you already have few news items and modules published. For our customers we make it super easy and they start from our demo replicas.
05-02-2008, 12:43 AM
# 9 (permalink)
kainzip
Well, Ive tried to play around with this some more, and there are still things I dont get. Ive reinstalled the \fixed\ version of the 1.5 template, and the issue with multiple greens has indeed been fixed, and I\ve been able to get a red text color. But I still dont understand why I dont see the red banner that is present on the demo (see again http://75.125.62.4/~orcristb/). When I hit \preview\ while in joomla template manager, this banner shows up, along with the black banner immediately below it. But obviously, when I publish this, only the black banner is visible as you can see at the site above. I would like to get rid of this black banner, and have the red one instead.

SEcond, what characteristics of this template cause the newsflash, and \welcome to joomla\ article span two columns at the site mentioned above, while the \we are volunteers\ article occupies just the middle column? I would like to know how to control this, if possible.

Last (for now), how do I get rid of the \look sensational\ ad at the very bottom of the page?

Thanks again for any help with this...
05-02-2008, 07:54 AM
# 10 (permalink)
CProject60
THE BLACK BANNER THAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO ARE POSITIONS:

User1 User2 and User3 unpublish those module positions if you dont want to see them.

Advert1 and Advert2 have to be published in order to see what you referred to as the color banner.

Unpublish banner in the user-footer position to get rid of the banner.

THE FRONTPAGE MODULE:

If you go to the Admin -Top menu

Go to menu -main menu -

Click on Home - Parameters - Basic

There you set your:

# Leading
# Intro
Columns
# Links