Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Registration appear Twice & Pop Up on First Visit

10-14-2010, 08:09 PM
# 1 (permalink)
chad_newsome
Hi,

The "Registration" Title appear twice on my registration page. I have been able to adjust all other double counted titles issue of the YJ Pop Login module on my site. Does anyone know which file needs to be modified and where it is located? Thx

Last but not least, I'd like to know if it is possible to have the registration window pop up automatically for anyone's first visit to the website? Help greatly appreciated

Cheers
10-15-2010, 07:20 PM
# 3 (permalink)
chad_newsome
Here is the link:

Registration

If possible, I'd also like to edit the registration form. Any idea which file should be modified?

Thx
10-22-2010, 05:32 AM
# 4 (permalink)
maggoo
I visited your site and saw the double title. I could only reproduce the problem when pressing the register link on your forum page. When i use the pop login register link the problem doesn't show, so as far as i can see the problem isn't with the YJ module.

You might want to check the settings for the menu item concerned (show page title) and of the kunena forum.

For the second part of your question. YJ Pop Login isn't designed to show up at first visit. You might want to check out this: Popups & iFrames - Joomla! Extensions Directory, there you can find modules designed to do what you are after.
10-23-2010, 03:17 PM
# 5 (permalink)
chad_newsome
Thx for the reply. I have found a way to fix the issue, for those interested, I renamed the following file: My Template/html/com_user/register/default.php to default_old.php and now have the YJ Pop Login registration box I set up appearing w/o any issue. I guess it was using the template original registration box by default.

I have already checked all Joomla pop extensions and haven't been able to find any that provide a way to set up a pop up window to prompt for registration or in which the registration box can be inserted at the website first visit. If someone as any recommendations they are more than welcome!

Cheers
10-23-2010, 03:32 PM
# 6 (permalink)
maggoo
Ok, i leave it open for people to drop suggestions for registration boxes that appear on first visit.
10-24-2010, 01:01 PM
# 7 (permalink)
chad_newsome
Actually, I was wondering - though it is not exactly "Pop up on a first visit" - does the YJ module registration box have a specific address and can be called as a link? Thx
10-24-2010, 05:43 PM
# 8 (permalink)
maggoo
YJ Pop Login displays the standard joomla registration in a nice pop up effect through js.

The links that are called by the module you can find in mod_yj_pop_login\tmpl\default.php. The registration bit starts around line 105.
10-25-2010, 09:49 PM
# 9 (permalink)
chad_newsome
Maybe I do not express myself clearly in IT lingo, but each page of a website has an "address" in the address bar (for instance this page is address is: http://www.youjoomla.com/joomla_supp...html#post32234)
No address seem to be displayed when the module registration box pops up, does this "address" exist and can be launched when visitor first come to the site? If it does how would it be linked to the default.php file mentioned? Stg like: MySite.com/joomla/default.php..... ?

Thx
10-25-2010, 10:25 PM
# 10 (permalink)
maggoo
You can't ask a module to perform a task it isnt designed to do.

About the address. Make a link under menu manager to user registration. The bit starting with index...etc...etc is being called by the module, as i pointed out in my previous post.

I think i gave you a nice suggestion with my link to the joomla extensions directory. To make it even more clear, what you want is a registration module to be called into a lightbox. Those can be found over there.

In case i am overlooking something obvious i will inform with the developer about your question and will come back to you if anything comes up.