Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Create New Default Layout?

09-08-2010, 03:57 PM
# 1 (permalink)
thatryan
In the admin there are three main layouts to choose from, and in the templates layouts folder, there are three files there. I am assuming that is them. Can we add more? If I had a specific layout or two, can I create additional layouts to be available in the dropdown menu choice from admin section?
Thanks.
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
yes you can add as many you need ,

watch the switch

line 143 yjsgcore/yjsg_stylesw.php

$mylayouts = array(
1, 2, 3
);

you add own name it layout4.php

and add new array case

$mylayouts = array(
1, 2, 3, 4
);

than in templatedetails.xml

after line 546

<option value="3">Leftblock-Rightblock-Midblock</option>

add

<option value="4">Youroption name </option>
front end switch would be

index.php?change_layout=4

I suggest you start with blank layout4.php until your switch works , than style it
09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
# 3 (permalink)
thatryan
Awesome thanks a ton!
09-08-2010, 07:54 PM
# 4 (permalink)
thatryan
Follow up question. So I created a new one named layout4.php and copied the layout3.php code. I renamed the main holder div to holder4 and deleted everything else inside that div to see what it would produce. It looks like there is a lot of "upper" and "lower" pieces that remain... where are those produced from? I would like to incorporate a couple varied layouts including those parts moving and removing as well.
Thanks!
09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
# 5 (permalink)
neo
ok , the lower and bottom parts are the module grids , what you are editing is the default grid , see this

YJSG Module Positions

the grids with layout are located in

yjsgcore/yjsg_main.php

1 line each , see this also

YjSimpleGrid Structure
09-08-2010, 09:07 PM
# 6 (permalink)
thatryan
Ah thanks man, I will poke into there as well. Is it possible to have a few variants of the grid layouts that will alter with main page layout? Does that make sense?