Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Using an image as a link to a video (I hope this is clear for future searchers.)

04-26-2010, 08:30 PM
# 1 (permalink)
franklyhollywood
I have seen where everyone thinks this is just so simple, and others get frustrated, and to those still trying to figure this thing out: I don't blame you. The instructions leave a lot to be desired! The documentation on this product is really poor... but once you get it, you kind of get it.. know what I mean??

I have searched the forums, and I can not find a clear answer to this question, which I KNOW is answered probably 5000 times. I don't know how to search for it, and all the results I get gives me like 140 results, I start to read through them and my brain numbs... there is no clear title that appears in the search field that I can see! I tried to make it clear in my title for searching in the future.

How do I use an image as a link to a video? I figured out the rest on my own, using this forum and the website page, but geesh... some documentation would be nice. Maybe a user could write some, to help???

Here is the string that I have in my article:

{mbox:http://vimeo.com/11250662|title=VIDEO TITLE |vthumb=images/stories/cheeseburger.jpg|caption=this is the caption|title=Poor pets|txt=This Is The TXT field}

the text works, the link works, the video works... but I can not figure out how to put in an image that will be used as a link to the video?? I have tried with the path, without the path.. in extensions -> Plugins -> Mediabox - I have left the path as images/stories, and I have also tried: images/stories/mmbox (And then also created the directory at images/stories...)
04-26-2010, 08:52 PM
# 2 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

First: Make sure the plugin is enabled in plugin manager, and as you say, look at the folder path you give.
if you give it images/stories, it means you do not add this part in the code, because then it will get double when the plugin starts working

keep it just vthumb=cheesburger.jpg

what is missing from your code is the thumbs width and height.
The image might be there, but just not visible to you ,since you have not given it any size to show up.
write your code like this (note I remove the {and} just here

mbox:http://vimeo.com/11250662 |560|350|title=VIDEO TITLE |vthumb=cheeseburger.jpg|height=340|width=400|capt ion=this is the caption
04-26-2010, 11:44 PM
# 3 (permalink)
franklyhollywood
You can delete this if you need to - Thank you for that information. The size info was missing, got it! That makes sense... also, I am going crazy trying to find out what happened to your answer to my question about how to change the title in you fitness! The thing at the top of the page... I tried looking at all my previous posts, and then searching and I can't find the answer... can you tell me again where it is that I change the title? The yellow sqauare fix was perfect by the way...

So everything was correct with my mediabox string, I just didn't have the size parameters. Thanks.
04-26-2010, 11:45 PM
# 4 (permalink)
franklyhollywood
oh quick question - so if I did want to put my images in a subdirectory of images/stories/mmbox, then what would I put in the string to make it find the picture?
04-27-2010, 12:28 AM
# 5 (permalink)
franklyhollywood
ok... i thought i had it figured out, but this is not working still:

{mbox:http://vimeo.com/11250662|600|350|title=Audio Test with Canon 5D Mark II in camera audio|vthumb=cheeseburger.jpg|height=340|width=400 |caption=this is the caption|title=Poor pets|txt=Audio Test Of Canon 5D MarkII}

I assume that the path set in the plug in is images/stories (no trailing / ?) and that that means the image should be uploaded in the mediamanager to the root of the stories directory??? is that correct???
04-27-2010, 04:18 AM
# 6 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

First, your other post is probable in Developers corner.
We move posts from developer members there, if it's a matter of code editing, since that is not supported in general, unless for developers, and only in moderation.

Best way for you to find your posts, if you loose track of them, is to find your email box, which should contain the answers you got, and a direct link to it.

About Multimediabox.

Quote:
{mbox:http://vimeo.com/11250662|600|350|title=Audio Test with Canon 5D Mark II in camera audio|vthumb=cheeseburger.jpg|height=340|width=400 |caption=this is the caption|title=Poor pets|txt=Audio Test Of Canon 5D MarkII}
here you have
title: Audio Test with Canon 5D Mark II in camera audio
title:Poor pets
txt:Audio Test Of Canon 5D MarkII
caption:this is the caption

please look at the code example I gave you, and use only one title and caption. You don't use text when you are using the image to show the video or to popup larger image file.

If the plugin is set to images/stories then you upload the images you wish to use for the mbox into this folder.
Make sure your image is correctly spelled, there is difference between cheesburger.jpg and cheesburger.JPG and Cheesburger.jpg etc.

as I said before, link to the problem might help us to see what is wrong
04-27-2010, 09:45 AM
# 7 (permalink)
franklyhollywood
ok...

Yay! Got the image to show, but, more questions!

1) Why is there text showing up now on the page, before the image? My string looks like this:

{mbox:http://vimeo.com/11250662 |600|350|title=Audio Test with Canon 5D mark II in camera audio|vthumb=cheeseburger.jpg|height=70|width=35|c aption=this is the caption}

You can see it here howdoyoufight.com

2)I went through every email, and I still could not find it. I clicked on every link I previously had, and I could not find the post... Do you remember telling me, or am I going nuts?

All I wanted to do was to get rid of "You!Fitness" at the top, and replace it with my own title.... (This can't be just a developer issue, I would think. I mean, its a template, and who would want to keep You!Fitness on the page, right? I would think EVERYONE who bought this would want to change it, so I guess I don't understand why it would be just a developer issue??)

I still can't find the post where you told me how to do it! I swear... I am almost done driving you guys crazy... maybe...

Lastly - i do not understand still - if you look at my media manager (And I have not changed anything from the default install) , there is no images/stories directory. But there is media/stories in the media manager GUI. but, there is the path that I copy from my media manager page:

/home/content/99/5848599/html/images/stories

I assume that this is the path that mediabox is referring to? that images/stories. Is that correct? So put the images at the root of stories, correct? And if I did change to a sub directory, then it would be: imates/stories/sudirectory in the configuration, and then how would you refer to it in the code?
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM
# 9 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

I tested your site a bit and from what I see, it is possible the K2 is messing with the code.
can you make an article where you do not use this component?

what editor are you using?
we recomend JCE rather than default joomla editor, since it can stripp or add code.
04-27-2010, 06:08 PM
# 10 (permalink)
franklyhollywood
The other thread is closed.. can you tell me, does it have to be a .png? Where can I set the size of this .png in the code? I know I will need to get to it in the css or somewhere...

As far as this issue goes (the one with mediabox) I am trying your suggestion right now and will see if it still appears... sorry for the delay. Ihad to make dinner, and clean up a bit.... took more time than I wanted!

Well, all the tests are negative. With K2, without K2 (not quite sure why I even really want K2 to be honest.. not seeing why it's so good yet.) both done with JCE editor.