Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Music/Video/Games Chart component/module

01-28-2010, 06:47 PM
# 1 (permalink)
moodmedia
I am looking for a good module or component where I can create a chart for music, movie, games, etc. Hopefully you can create such a thing.

thnx
01-28-2010, 06:51 PM
# 2 (permalink)
jaycburton
Hi - Can you please clarify what you mean by chart? Would this be a chart to compare different movies, games, etc.? Are you looking to rate items and display the results in a chart?
02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
# 3 (permalink)
moodmedia
Like this (see attachement):

thnx
Attached Thumbnails
chart.jpg  
02-01-2010, 11:45 AM
# 4 (permalink)
jaycburton
Thank you for the feedback. It looks like you want a site that will monitor popularity over a specified amount of time, and then rank or sort the results. Sort of like the Billboard Top 40, which is somewhat like your example.
02-01-2010, 12:16 PM
# 5 (permalink)
moodmedia
Right! It only has to display a music (or whatever) chart. This component should display the chart as shown on the attachement (sort of).

This week, Last week, Number of weeks in the chart, Artist, Song

You can also add stuff like record company, link to youtube video, etc.

There is no such component yet!
02-01-2010, 12:35 PM
# 6 (permalink)
jaycburton
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodmedia
Right! It only has to display a music (or whatever) chart. This component should display the chart as shown on the attachement (sort of).

This week, Last week, Number of weeks in the chart, Artist, Song

You can also add stuff like record company, link to youtube video, etc.

There is no such component yet!
It appears you are correct; I briefly searched and could find no such solution. Either that, or it does exist but is poorly marketed. Thanks for the suggestion!
02-04-2010, 08:15 AM
# 8 (permalink)
moodmedia
Is this something you guys going to work on? Is this on a short notice?
If I could be of any assistance just let me know....
02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
# 9 (permalink)
jaycburton
Hi - This section of the forum is a venue for our customers and the general public to offer suggestions for improving current or guiding future products. While we may ask questions for clarification, such communication should not be interpreted as an acceptance that any given suggestion will be acted upon, or if it will be acted upon, that it will be acted upon quickly.

The YJ development team is always working on multiple templates and/or extensions at one time. While there is generally no fixed timeline or schedule for any development, even if an idea/suggestion were to be developed into a template or extension, it would be added to the existing work schedule.

That said, it is not likely that anything would be done with suggestion for many months, if at all. As always, we appreciate the feedback and interest.