Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Help with setting things up

03-28-2008, 12:16 AM
# 1 (permalink)
Dannymh
Hi all,

I run a Sports related news and fan site. The site is based around to major parts

- The Forum
- News articles

We have other things but the focus of the site is primarily news.

I am considering purchasing the newsline template. But time is very limited at the moment (relocating to a new state)

I was wondering whether you or anyone could give me a price for assistance in setting up the Newsline template by altering the red to be Maroon and to get my content to fit within my template etc. Essentially I am looking for someone to really help me get the site working and off the ground with the new template.

The current site is http://www.silvertails.net and I am tired of the somewhat scrappy anture of the content, I want to bring in some more categories etc and clean up the presentation some more

Dan

Dan
04-01-2008, 07:32 AM
# 3 (permalink)
jsaponaro
Hello

I just bought News Line - I downloaded fine - I FTPed the template fine - It works on our new (in progress site) www.monaviecause.com, but I got lost on all the nested zip folders (modules etc.) IS THERE A CLEAR STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO GET THESE OTHER PARTS WORKING?

THANKS JOE
04-01-2008, 07:35 AM
# 4 (permalink)
jsaponaro
jsaponaro wrote:
Quote:
Hello

I just bought News Line - I downloaded fine - I FTPed the template fine - It works on our new (in progress site) www.monaviecause.com, but I got lost on all the nested zip folders (modules etc.) IS THERE A CLEAR STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO GET THESE OTHER PARTS WORKING?

THANKS JOE
04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
# 5 (permalink)
CProject60
Heres a post explaining about using the demo version. And how to set it up.
http://www.youjoomla.com/support-for...2251-help.html

The Demo is a joomla 1.5 complete installation, and includes everything you see in the demo. The demo is installed the same way as you installed Joomla. If you would have installed the demo. The site would of been identical.

IMPORTANT: Things you need to know!!!

You need to make sure your database uses mysql5, it wont work trying to install it on mysql4.
Also make sure you unzip the file. And look for the folder that contains Joomla 1.5 its the News_Line_15_Demo folder. When you unzip it, look inside to make sure you have the right folder to upload to your server.
04-01-2008, 09:03 AM
# 6 (permalink)
jsaponaro
Hi
When I clicked on this:
http://www.youjoomla.com/support-for...2251-help.html

I got an error message that I was not logged on or that Im not a member?

Also - you said \The demo is installed the same way as you installed Joomla.\

Im not so sure - because I installed Joomla via our webhost site (netfirms.com)

Is there a place (that will let me in) on your site that has the step by step I need?

Or could you paste it here? Im not sure about all your loggins - I had to log in to do the purchase / then again to do the download / then again to register / and then again to join the forum. And even then I could not access the above link!

Im going to hang in but I need some help.

Thanks
04-01-2008, 09:14 AM
# 7 (permalink)
CProject60
Install Using a FTP client:

You have to download the Joomla 1.5 Demo installation. Unzip the file and inside you will find a complete Joomla install.

The folder that contains Joomla 1.5 its the News_Line_15_Demo folder. Thats the folder you want to upload to your sever Using a FTP client. Make sure you upload the right folder. Look inside the folder first to make sure that is the Joomla 1.5.

Than you install it like you install a regular installation of joomla. Use the same data base as you used before. And make sure you install the sample database when asked.