Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Linux server with Joomla

05-18-2009, 01:47 PM
# 1 (permalink)
tthompson50
I have a Linux server but don't know how to access the CPanel for doing backups etc. I do have a CPanel.php icon but it doesn't seem to do anything when double clicked.

I also can't seem to see my server even though it shows up on my router listing. I have it's IP address and MAC address.

I am computer literate but not so much in Linux. I'm trying. Is there a "Obi-Wan Kenobi" out there who could take this on?

Tery
Indicam
05-19-2009, 12:34 AM
# 3 (permalink)
tthompson50
I want to use my personal server to run my website. I had it up and running using dnydns routing during the construction time but now for some reason can't even see it from my own network.

I'm using Ubuntu, GNOME and I have a Coor template. I have a Netgear router with the Linux machine in the DMZ section. I must be in the dark because I can't figure out what to do to get my Linux on the internet. It can't access any websites and no one can see my website.

Tery
Indicam
05-19-2009, 12:39 PM
# 4 (permalink)
neo
ook , with that I cant help you , most mess I had or have with servers is dedicated and wamp,xamp , making own go live I would not know how