Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] many sliders side by side

05-05-2009, 08:51 AM
# 1 (permalink)
orion_
Hi

I need to be able to show images in a slider which is no problem.
But I need to show 3 side by side, where all of them are with the fade effect, and the first one starts,,
then next
and then the third,
and then the first starts to fade again and so on...
this way it's like there is only one sliding at the time...

is it possible to add the slider 3 times, in a position like user 1,2 or 3 in some of the templates?
or is there something else I can do?

This is for a fashion site, and they want to show the models (or fashion images) like this.
(the consept of a fashion site would be great )

bless you
:O
05-05-2009, 09:02 AM
# 3 (permalink)
orion_
what do you mean?
I have nothing yet,,,only wishes were these:

3 sliding images on front page, side by side, where the first one starts to slide, (stay's like that until the last one has slided), then the next and so on...

(hope I explain well enough?)

O
05-05-2009, 09:08 AM
# 4 (permalink)
orion_
ok here is an example, it's on their existing site and is the only thing they like to keep on a new one...

:O
05-05-2009, 09:18 AM
# 6 (permalink)
orion_
hehe,,
sorry, I'll do that

O
05-05-2009, 08:57 PM
# 7 (permalink)
orion_
now I have put 3 sliders on the page, one in user 1, 2 and 3 on the template youhostit.

This appears fine,,looks good, but only the first one fades, the others don't .

All the images are in the same folder, since I can not have 3 foldres with same name..

Tested with 2 for each slider.
Unfortunately the site is not online, only on a localserver..

Maybe this is not something I can do at all?

If I manage to let them fade,,,all of them,,,how do I control the fade? So there is like a 1,2,3,1,2,3 and so on rhythm in the slides?

ps posted another post in the multitabs, because I also tryed to put the slider in each of the tabs..there only the first one slides also..

Bless You
O
05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
# 8 (permalink)
neo
ok , 1 div clas sis used for slides , so your original is taking the first one , other 2 must be changed ,

basicaly you must make 3 module version , I think you did something like this with one of our prev module ,

changeing module name to example mod_image_slider1
05-12-2009, 01:18 PM
# 9 (permalink)
wirecreative
I need this same kind of thing with the mod slider -- 3 instances side by side with different content -- and am having the same problem where the first one works, but the two next to it don't.

When you say, "Make a copy" of the module do you mean make Joomla think there are three different modules, each of which do the same thing, and use a different one for each instance? What does that involve? Simply copying the module folder twice and renaming them? Or does this mean monkeying with the database, too?

Seems like there should be someway to get them to co-exist dynamically.
05-12-2009, 01:41 PM
# 10 (permalink)
neo
module is not using DB for images . when I say make copy I mean copy the module files and
change code for copy , example if div name inside a module is Slide

than rename it to Slide2 and so on