Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Movie Social Network Using Movie Times

02-19-2009, 03:28 AM
# 1 (permalink)
moviemorgue
I bought this template awhile back and used it on a previous site of mine. I then wanted to take my site to the next level by making it a social networking website. Out of all the templates I tried, Movie Times was the only one that worked properly with softwares like Jreviews, Jomsocial and Myblog. The only problem I was having was the limited module space on the frontpage. Then, I decided to use news articles as their own module positions and I must say, Im very pleased with the overall look. Check it out at http://www.reelempire.com. Let me know what you think!
02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
# 2 (permalink)
charles99

moviemorgue,

I just checked out your site it look nice! Can you tell me how you changed the color of the JomSocial icons?

And let me throw this at you also... We are adding a Movie Component to our new venture and instead of building content we might be seeking to work with other JomSocial Members to use their content, in order to build our the platform and in return direct traffic to our content partners...

Let me know what you think... or if you are on Jomsocial shoot me an IM...
02-19-2009, 09:22 PM
# 3 (permalink)
moviemorgue
Oh man, it took me forever to figure out how to customize the icons and the join now button. I noticed another site did it so I knew it could be done.

To change the button, I saved the image join-button-big.gif and took it to photoshop. The images is located here:

public_html/components/com_community/templates/default/images

To change the icons, I did the same thing. Took the images default.jpg and default_thumb.jpg to photoshop. These images are located here:

public_html/components/com_community/assets

Remember, when you save the images, they must be of the same name and file format so when you upload it, the image will overwrite the existing image.

I hope that helps. Also, if youre looking for a message board that has integration with JomSocial, try Kunena. Its Fireboard with a different name and better integration. Let me know if you need anything else.