Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

SportLine 3 Column Variation

01-29-2009, 12:06 AM
# 1 (permalink)
alpinevp
Any chance you could have a left column variation for SportLine, so it can be a bit more traditional left-center-right. Really good template but my client wants a l-c-r design. Thanks again.
S
01-29-2009, 12:33 PM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
you mean additional column on the left or right modules on the left ?
if right mods on the left there is a float that can be changed , if adding additional column , that is complete layout redesign
01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
# 3 (permalink)
alpinevp
not an additional column, just move the left column to the left side of the layout so you end up with a left column, center and right column. If this exists and it is just a code modification, how do I do it?
01-29-2009, 02:09 PM
# 4 (permalink)
neo
that is a complete redisign my friend , we usualy do not give such support because it is complete custome work , I can give you pointers,
what version do you have ?
01-29-2009, 02:56 PM
# 5 (permalink)
alpinevp
Joomla 1.5.9, SportLine 1.5
01-29-2009, 03:08 PM
# 6 (permalink)
neo
files needed ,

index.php ,

layout.css

settings.php

index.php :

move

above line 197

<div id=\main_body\

in settings.php change widths

of all following
$main_body = 59%;
$faux =40%;
$mods_holder = 40%;
$advert2_mods = 100%;
$left_mods = 50%;
$right_mods = 50%;

cases are described as

$left && $right && $advert2 = if left right and advert 2 modules are published the divs below should have folowing widths

note ,

$right and $advert2 are inside $mods_holder

$left is alone now ,

so you should calculate

$left + $mainbody + $mods_holder = 99% , how you devide the width between them is up to you ,

like said it is not easy and is usually custom work but this should get you going
01-29-2009, 03:37 PM
# 7 (permalink)
alpinevp
Thank you Neo, You and Dragan know how to take care of your customers! I get your changes and should have no problem executing this.