Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] About the news item section on Module

12-05-2008, 04:36 PM
# 1 (permalink)
Cappadoxia
Hi guys!

I want to learn is it possible to use the module for a category or content instead of a section?

Thank you.
04-29-2009, 07:48 PM
# 2 (permalink)
boogie
i don't know if yoy're still trying to figure this out but I've only recently stumbled upon these extensions and am trying to work out the same issue and have an answer.

To do this you'll have to edit both the "mod_yj_taxi_booking.xml" and the "mod_yj_taxi_booking.php" files.

In the xml file scroll down to the parameters and find this line:
Quote:
"<param name="work_section" type="mos_section" default="" label="News items section" description="In this section there must be min 1 categorie and 1 news item published" />"
It's the type which we are concerned with. Currently it is set to mos_section, to tell the admin back end to list your categories you have to change this to mos_category. That will now list all your categories by section in the back end.

Now to change around in the "php" file so that the values are carried over into the form for the user.
Find this php line:
Quote:
$query = 'SELECT title ,sectionid FROM #__content WHERE (state=1) and (sectionid='.$work_section.') ORDER by ordering';
Change "sectionid" to "catid"...there should be only two.

That's it! It should now list your categories in the back end and show only the article titles to the user of the category you chose...
09-25-2009, 09:24 AM
# 3 (permalink)
luciffere
Hello.
How i do change for show all sections (at step1), and next (step2) to be shown the category from section choised at step 1 and finaly the article from step 2?