Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Archive

09-26-2008, 04:12 PM
# 1 (permalink)
kestrel
I have just recently installed joomla 1.5.7 using the Newsline I template [installed by Lakeway IT]. My site [gouverneurtimes.com] is hosted by Rackspace.

My issue is the Archiving of articles in such a fashion that end users [the general public] can go back in time [a home page access capability] to review, research or simply read archived articles. I cannot seem to find this capability.

I know how to place published articles into archive mode ... but how can the general public access these articles?

I am relatively new to joomla [any and all cms programs for that matter], can you help me out here?

Thank you

Scott
09-26-2008, 04:55 PM
# 3 (permalink)
kestrel
neo wrote:
Quote:
read forum rules please
Sorry ... did not consider anything I said was not in accordance with any kind of rule.

my site is gouverneurtimes.com

as for access to my host server ??? Is that what you are also asking for ???

The following is from yourselfs ...

My store account is under user name dfwscott@hotmail.com ...

Am I missing anything ???
09-26-2008, 05:19 PM
# 4 (permalink)
neo
all we need is paypal id , go to backend ,- menu -main menu , click on new

click on article , click on Archived Article List , name your menu item, hit save
09-26-2008, 05:26 PM
# 5 (permalink)
kestrel
neo wrote:
Quote:
all we need is paypal id , go to backend ,- menu -main menu , click on new

click on article , click on Archived Article List , name your menu item, hit save

Unique Transaction ID #5BL68717CJ4578010 [PAY PAL]

As for your above instructions ... will this allow users to view archived articles???
09-26-2008, 05:34 PM
# 7 (permalink)
kestrel
Neo ... I followed your instructions ... The new menu item is created ... and when I click on it ... it shows archived items ... but I cant click on individual items to see the entire article with pictures etcetera.

Is there a re-direct instruction that needs be accomplished here or am I asking for something the existing program is not capable of doing ? If so ... is there some kind of add on that will allow for what I am looking for ??

Scott
09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
# 9 (permalink)
kestrel
They are all currently set to global ... am I in the right area ??? There are three Parameter categories.

??? Basic ... Component ... system ???