Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Hacked 2 times

08-24-2008, 03:01 PM
# 1 (permalink)
traderrays
HACKED 2 TIMES DONT USE DEMO VERSIONS WARNING YOU CANT UPDATE DEMO VERSIONS DONT USE WARNING AND WASTE OF TIME ALL DEMO VERSIONS NEED TO UPDATED TO USE LATEST JOOMLA VERSION OR YOU WILL BE HACKED NOT HAPPY WITH YOUJOOMLA
edited by neo

do not place links here
08-24-2008, 03:05 PM
# 3 (permalink)
neo
and why is it that you cannot update demos?

I understand your frustration but please stop using caps in titles or text. there is no reason for it.
and before claiming things like this how do you know you got hacked through our demo? what version did you have and what additional components or modules except ours did you have
08-24-2008, 03:26 PM
# 4 (permalink)
neo
advising nicely , read forum rules do not double post, this can result in termination.
if you need to say something say it here
08-24-2008, 03:27 PM
# 5 (permalink)
neo
Moving your post here

Maybe you should update demo versions to use latest joomla version and its all on you just demo version no addons of any kind and no you cant update to a newer joomla at my server after you use these demos and instead of helping or updating demo versions you just want to insult my intelligence thats fine no support i see unless you are paying for it which i will not do your product as a demo version for people that cant install is useless so i am warning people that think it easier that way it is not so start from scratch or you will be sorry you cant use hotlink protection you cant use leech protect you cant password protect files so if you use a demo you will regret it.
08-24-2008, 03:34 PM
# 6 (permalink)
neo
I know min 5 members that contacted me and asked how to upgrade. I did not charge anyone ,
plus updating instructions for Joomla are posted everywhere. All you need to do is transfer few files which will not affect our templates or modules in no way

http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_1.5...g_1.5x_version

again stop claiming things that are not true , we help anyone no matter if customer or not and I know that more than few will confirm this.
I do not see any pricing set for upgrades or any post where we said that we charge for such help

and most important , demos are for your evaluation and instruction use , we sell templates not demos . you get them actually for free . if you get hacked through our template than I would take full responsibility but demo and joomla installation is all you
08-24-2008, 03:53 PM
# 7 (permalink)
neo
And here is the fastest way to upgrade , the only bug that was discovered and affecting all these installations is in 1 file

and here is how to secure your site

Go to your existing joomla installation

open this file

/components/com_user/models/reset.php

After global $mainframe; on line 113 of reset.php, add:

Code:

if(strlen($token) != 32) {
	$this->setError(JText::_(INVALID_TOKEN));
	return false;
}

hit save and that is it!
08-24-2008, 07:40 PM
# 8 (permalink)
Ardoris
traderrays,
Sorry to hear youve been hacked.
But...
This has nothing to do with YouJoomla.
YouJoomla do not have responsibility of Joomla security issue.

When you use Joomla, its your responsibility to check Joomla.org
frequently or join Joomla.org newsletter if there is one.

IMHO, even Joomla do NOT have responsibility about this since
Joomla is free and you use it at your own risk.

Joomla.org posted security issue and gave solution for it on 14th, August.
Neo Posted about it 6 days ago.

What more can YouJoomla and Joomla can do?

Its not just Joomla.
There is NO 100% secure site.

Ive been hacked before and I do know its %^$%!
Even right now, I have one server off-line due to hacking.
Its been hacked into and sent tons of phishing emails
and hosting co. turned it off with few hundred sites on it.
Luckily, they are all my adsense sites. So, only damage is
losing some income for few days.

But, what can you do? All you can do is keep backup
and start over using your backup.

When things like this happen, there isnt anyone to blame except hacker.
Not you, your host, Joomla, YouJoomla...
Just consider its your Karma and move on.
08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
# 9 (permalink)
neo
one advice that I would give to anyone ,
I am using this since mambo 3.1 if anyone remembers ,

Password Protect Directories with .htaccces

and place it in your administrator folder

http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/