Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Ranking Question

08-23-2008, 10:16 PM
# 1 (permalink)
salpro22
One of my websites was set up in early July by some very helpful guys here are youjoomla (thanks again for you patience and help)and Ive had it down for about a month while I work out some kinks.

I only have 6 links from articles I posted before I locked up everything via the global settings. However, I have a ranking of 700,000. Granted, this number isnt great. but its a lot better than some of my other sites Ive had up that are in the 1-2M range.

Does anybody know how I was able to achieve increasing the ranking of my site so fast whereas most new sites start off in the 1-2 million range? I originally thought about launching my site once all the content is done, but now Im thinking about launching the site sooner and update it in phases.

Thoughts?

-J.R.

P.S. I prefer to keep the site private for now, but Ill be glad to share it via private message.
08-23-2008, 10:37 PM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
Youjoomla template we stick seo all the way up so the robots can see it , and if your articles containing key words from head is even better
08-23-2008, 11:13 PM
# 3 (permalink)
Ardoris
Start your site now.
Google loves frequently updating site.

Its much better to start with one page
and add one new page per day than have
100 pages ready and start, but, no update.

Also, its better to have one unique article
than 100 copied articles.

Good luck
08-23-2008, 11:18 PM
# 4 (permalink)
salpro22
neo wrote:
Quote:
Youjoomla template we stick seo all the way up so the robots can see it , and if your articles containing key words from head is even better
What exactly does this mean? Are there any SEO features in Newsline II that I need to know about or modify. What \head\ are you talking about specifically? Im used to thinking about head in the form of html pages.

Thanks again man.
08-23-2008, 11:22 PM
# 5 (permalink)
salpro22
Ardoris wrote:
Quote:
Start your site now.

Good luck
Are there any guidelines to how many articles one can publish before a website is penalized? Im going to take your advice and start to publish the content, but Im concerned about two things

1) People stealing my information without me knowing. Do you know of any programs or websites that can track website content to make sure nobody is stealing it?

2) Would my site rankings, etc. be hurt if I take all of my articles I plan to write for my website and change some words around (to avoid duplicate content) and place the new articles on various other websites to create backlinks? I played around with ezinearticles.com and my name is still on the 1st page of google, so Id like to further explore other linking strategies.

-J.R.
08-24-2008, 03:50 AM
# 6 (permalink)
Ardoris
salpro22 wrote:
Quote:
Ardoris wrote:
Quote:
Start your site now.

Good luck
Are there any guidelines to how many articles one can publish before a website is penalized? Im going to take your advice and start to publish the content, but Im concerned about two things As far as I know, I dont think there is any written rules about it. But I know Google will think you are spamming Google when you post too many articles at one time.

1) People stealing my information without me knowing. Do you know of any programs or websites that can track website content to make sure nobody is stealing it?
There isnt anything you can do to prevent someone stealing your contents. However, Google usually know which site had content first.

To check dupe contents, go to Google and type in following words into Search Engines.
duplicate content checker

2) Would my site rankings, etc. be hurt if I take all of my articles I plan to write for my website and change some words around (to avoid duplicate content) and place the new articles on various other websites to create backlinks? I played around with ezinearticles.com and my name is still on the 1st page of google, so Id like to further explore other linking strategies.
Thats good strategy as long as its different for more than 35%, at least. Try create some blogs as well and make sure each sites are not on same hosting co., meaning have different ips.

-J.R.
08-24-2008, 10:14 AM
# 7 (permalink)
salpro22
Thats good strategy as long as its different for more than 35%, at least. Try create some blogs as well and make sure each sites are not on same hosting co., meaning have different ips.

Are you saying that the content and layout should be different for 35%+ of the duplicate content or something else? What does having different IPS have with increase site rankings? Would this be an issue with a dedicated IP for each site.
08-24-2008, 07:08 PM
# 8 (permalink)
Ardoris
salpro22 wrote:
Quote:

Are you saying that the content and layout should be different for 35%+ of the duplicate content or something else?
Just for contents.
What does having different IPS have with increase site rankings? Would this be an issue with a dedicated IP for each site.
Not so much about dedicated IP. It will take too long for me to explain about different ip. But, its known issue for long time. If you want best SEO reslut, get some cheap hosting acct. Some offer at $5 - $10 per year per domain. Just get few of those.