Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

[SOLVED] Where is the off-canvas code for the demo install?

09-16-2014, 04:25 PM
# 1 (permalink)
achartier
I can find where the offcanvas modules are set up, and I know the code that needs to be placed, but I cannot seem to find in the demo where you have placed this code to make the offcanvas menu in the demo work.

Quick pointer please?? TIA.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: unavaliable

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Personal
09-16-2014, 05:08 PM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
no where , that one is the one module that is used as offcanvas
and published in offcanvas module position.
Screenshot by Lightshot

it is only automatic one. all other would need to use the add-on
Off-canvas | Add-ons
09-16-2014, 05:31 PM
# 3 (permalink)
achartier
OK. Thanks. It wasn't obvious to me I needed to change that option. You might want to point this out in the docs.
09-16-2014, 05:32 PM
# 4 (permalink)
achartier
Also, is there a way to change the off canvas icon? I would like it to be different that the responsive menu icon.
09-16-2014, 05:49 PM
# 5 (permalink)
neo
move the yjsg_offcanvas.php from plugins\system\yjsg\includes\layouts
to templates/eximium/layouts than edit the file and change icon to what you like
Screenshot by Lightshot

the doc from add-on have nothing to do with canvas module position,
the tooltip says to publish the module in offcanvas poz.

I might just separate it to say Offcanvas Module Position settings if is not that clear
09-19-2014, 07:44 AM
# 7 (permalink)
achartier
I found an easier way to replace the icon without having to copy/change files. Using the NoNumber ReReplacer component it can search for the div container for the button and replace it. Just in case anyone else comes here looking for the same thing, here is the search and replace codes:

Search:
Quote:
<div class="yjsg-offc-btn site-offc" data-yjsg-canvas="#yjsg-off-canvas" data-width="250"><i class="fa fa-bars"></i></div>
Replace:
Quote:
<div class="yjsg-offc-btn site-offc" data-yjsg-canvas="#yjsg-off-canvas" data-width="250"><i class="fa fa-hand-o-left"></i></div>
Change the fa-hand-o-left to whatever you want it to be.
09-19-2014, 07:54 AM
# 8 (permalink)
neo
NoNumber is using preg_match and preg_replace to search the whole doc for it,
that is an overkill for such a simple change and an overload for your website.

the fastest would be to do this via custom.css or in template custom codes
Screenshot by Lightshot

.yjsg-offc-btn .fa:before{
content: "\f0a3";
}

what I posted previously is the correct way to do overrides with Yjsg v2

what you are doing with nonumber would be same as if I told you not to use Joomla MVC for overrides but to use some 3rd party extension.
An overkill and a php script to do the task of html or css.
09-19-2014, 08:14 AM
# 9 (permalink)
achartier
I do like the css approach better. Our site is not heavily loaded so the php overhead doesn't bother me, but, if I can do it in css I am happy. Thanks for this, I have switched to it and disabled the ReReplacer code.

Question, why would you say copying all the code and changing it is the right way when this simple css does the job? I imagine a lot of people would find this a less daunting task than copying files around. I am just curious.
09-19-2014, 08:52 AM
# 10 (permalink)
neo
I was trying to show you the right way to do overrides in Yjsg. Otherwise you would never find out how Yjsg overrides work . Imagine if you want to have custom head scripts independent from Yjsg , or change responsive menus etc.