Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

xml lang attribute in header?

09-09-2014, 08:19 AM
# 1 (permalink)
openweb
Invalid attribute?

In your main tempalte file you have:

PHP Code:

xml:lang="<?php echo $this->language?>"
But as far as we know html5 does not use xml:lang, and we are getting errors in some acessibility validtors because of this attribute.

Is there any motive you include this attibute in the eximium template index.php?

Can we just remove it without problems?

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 3.x

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: private

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: Yes

Is this personal or client website?: Personal
09-09-2014, 09:12 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
xml:lang gets used if document is processed by XML tools
you can remove it if you wish
and please do provide the validator link where this is showing an actual error
I would liek to test more before 2.0.1

from w3

"The xml:lang attribute is not actually useful for handling the file as HTML, but takes over from the lang attribute any time you process or serve the document as XML. The lang attribute is allowed by the syntax of XHTML, and may also be recognized by browsers. When using other XML parsers, however (such as the lang() function in XSLT) you can't rely on the lang attribute being recognized."

Declaración de idioma en HTML
09-09-2014, 10:14 AM
# 5 (permalink)
neo
and test with option

WCAG 2.0 (Level AAA)

WCAG 1.0 (Level AAA) does show it as an issue but it should not

xml:lang and lang can be used together

Screenshot by Lightshot
09-09-2014, 10:22 AM
# 6 (permalink)
openweb
ok reggarding the xml:lang.
But in this i see more issues in your eximium template I used Eximium - YJSimpleGrid v2 Joomla! Templates Framework Demo with AAA WCAG 2.0 lol

Almost all relating to lack of "label" in some form fields and the of "i" tags for font awesome icons.

But for what i see in other templates, this number of accessibility AAA errors means that your template is VERY WELL made! congrats!

just some simple corrections and is AAA.
09-09-2014, 10:46 AM
# 7 (permalink)
neo
you can use span instead i and flagging i is a known issue for font icons
showing label in html and hiding it via css to display only inputbox or select was not what we wanted to do, the code is html5 valid and those I see as suggestions not bugs that can affect your website accessibility. but you are more than welcome to change them
09-09-2014, 10:49 AM
# 8 (permalink)
openweb
i understand your point and i have the same opinion reggarding some acessibility warnings.
But in this case i need the AAA acessibility seal so will override them.

Thanks