Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Illegal string offset

09-04-2014, 02:39 PM
# 1 (permalink)
achartier
Getting 2 of these errors from file:

plugins/system/yjsg/includes/yjsgcore/classes/extend/25/module/helper.php

at lines 120 & 135

They are warnings but do you know how to get rid of them?

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: unavaliable

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Personal
09-04-2014, 03:26 PM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
must have all details, cant troubleshoot code like this,
what happened, why , exact error , what other extension/plugins you have etc
09-04-2014, 03:53 PM
# 3 (permalink)
achartier
A tall order. I had installed the Eximium package on my site. As I am testing I set all menu to the old template. I ten created a new menu with all of the structure of the old, set it as the top menu in the menu manager, and created a link to it from the old menu system and template.

When I open this menu to get to the new template it all works fine but I get these 2 error messages. Interestingly I was not getting them before I build this new menu so perhaps it is something in there.

Did a little debug, it looks like an empty module is going into this helper function and the $attrib variable is a string not an array.

I'll keep looking but if you have any pointers I would appreciate it.
09-04-2014, 04:00 PM
# 4 (permalink)
achartier
Another odd thing is I can't seem to get the template to take a change in the top menu. I change it, I save it, I clear cache and save and even close out of the template manager, but it doesn't seem to want to take the change. And then, at some point it will. No idea why. I even clear the browser cache with no effect.

Looks like I am having to clear the Joomla cache and then the menu will change.
09-05-2014, 05:31 AM
# 6 (permalink)
neo
joomla cache has nothing to do with our template options and it is not affecting it , this is why I say I need more info, from something little as changing menu other things can come up

only thing I can think of is that you have a module inside the menu item but no module is selected

check the menu options inside tab Yjsg mega menu
I am sure that there will be one module or module position selected instead of normal link.
09-05-2014, 08:29 AM
# 7 (permalink)
achartier
Just went through and looked at every one of the 62 items in the menu and every one is set up as a normal link and has Group Holder set to No.

I've sent you a pm with login details.
09-05-2014, 10:46 AM
# 9 (permalink)
achartier
Yes, all of my menu items are set to "Normal Link", none are set to Module. I mentioned the group holder as an afterthought just in case it mattered.