Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Changing the order of positions for mobile?

08-08-2014, 05:57 PM
# 1 (permalink)
lnimphius
I want to be able to get a module positioned "right" to show up underneath all the user positions within my template. I currently have something sitting there that looks great on the desktop version, but would look better underneath all the user positions for mobile.

Any quick fixes or no?

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: N/A

PHP version: N/A

Link to installation: Not available to the public

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Personal
08-11-2014, 10:37 AM
# 3 (permalink)
lnimphius
I see that you can add the module position, but can you just change where it is on the mobile version of the page? I'm worried if I make a new position where I want it to be for the mobile page, it wont sit where I want it to on the desktop version...
08-11-2014, 11:13 AM
# 5 (permalink)
lnimphius
I'm sorry, I'm not a fantastic coder.

So I tested the class thing like in the instructions, and all it did was put that code in the header.

If I do get the classes to work, I add the class to the new module in my templatedetails.xml file? And then, so the module doesn't show up twice, I add a hide mobile class to the module I'm using for the desktop version?

Also, were the advanced and documentation links in your above post supposed to still go to the using browser to detect class instructions, or were they supposed to be other links?

Thanks so much for your help!
08-11-2014, 12:08 PM
# 6 (permalink)
neo
check this out

Adding new module position | Extend | Documentation

so the code in index.php would be something like

PHP Code:

<?php if ($detect->isMobile() && $this->countModules('newposition')) { ?>
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="newposition" style="YJsgxhtml" />
<?php ?>
isMobile is used fot the mobile device check

coundModules is used to check if module is published on that page
08-11-2014, 12:37 PM
# 7 (permalink)
lnimphius
so I just add that to where I want it to show up on mobile? and then add the details to the xml file?
will I need to duplicate the module with that position and then publish it on the pages that I want it on? in that case, how do I hide the original module on mobile?

is there any other way to just simply modify the "right" grid position for mobile?
08-11-2014, 07:27 PM
# 8 (permalink)
neo
yes , add your position to xml and that code in index.php

you dont have to duplicate the module since it will be visible only on mobile devices.
this is php condition so no module "leftovers" will be "hidden" on desktops, it just wont be there
08-19-2014, 12:37 PM
# 10 (permalink)
lnimphius
I just got back from vacation and saw this. Thank you so much for your help!

You were right about the "leftovers" being hidden on desktop, but I am seeing a duplicate on mobile. Is there a way to hide the "right" position for mobile only? Could I possibly do it on a per module basis?