Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Personal or client website?

07-26-2014, 06:48 AM
# 1 (permalink)
leon2008
Hi
I have a pre-sale question.

I have a brother how runs a company with only 2 people employed. He has asked me to build a homepage for him. I have do for other companies in my spare time using different Joomla templates, raw html etc. I have seen some of your templates and would like to use one of them for his page.

I read in the documentation for a 3 month / year subscription that I can only use the templates for private homepages.
My question is now; can I use the templates for building his homepage or is a private page only a page made for e.g. family or a hobby?

Additionally I run a very small company my self (consultant - one person only)? Can I use the templates for a single homepage for that as well?

I have difficulties seeing the line for a private page or a client page according.
If I cannot use the subscription (and templates for those two pages a dev. subscription will be too expensive).

Thanks for the information.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: N/A

MySQL Version: N/A

PHP version: N/A

Link to installation: non

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Personal
07-28-2014, 08:51 AM
# 2 (permalink)
leon2008
Okay. Reading the documentation again I can see that I have to buy a Developer membership (or a single template).

The only place where I could find understandable information was with a mouse over on the "share" option on the member page.
Reading the FAQ "What Constitutes ‘Unauthorized Use’ Of Your Templates?" just makes me more confused;
"Unauthorized use includes any of the following: copying, distributing, or offering any of Youjoomla Proprietary license restricted files ( see license in footer ) for resale without prior written approval. We also prohibit the copying of our products to any other medium,
including (but not limited to) CD, DVD, Floppy, or thumb drive."

The share hover over text:
If you choose to sign up for our developer membership, we allow you to use our templates and extensions for your friends and clients. However this does not grant you the privilege to publicly post our products for download on any domain or download/file/share/email services. For all other memberships, we only allow use of our products on your own personal web sites. Any violation of this policy may result in the immediate suspension of your membership.
07-28-2014, 09:01 AM
# 3 (permalink)
neo
It is very simple ,

if you are building website for someone else , you need Developer membership
if website is yours , any other membership is ok
if you dont have $$ for Dev membership , your brother can buy any other plan and have you work on it

hope this helps