Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Button color naming conventions

04-17-2014, 12:31 PM
# 1 (permalink)
itips9273

Referring to YJSG core: the "Buttons" section of Bootstrap CSS components

I know YouJoomla.com folks work wonders, so am really grateful for everything you do. But can I ask for a tweak?

In the next update of YJSG core, can you please change the class names of "btn-success", "btn-warning" and "btn-danger" to something less specific or polarized (perhaps: "btn-green", "btn-orange", and "btn-red").

Why: colors mean different things to different people around the world. Green may not mean "success" or "Go", orange may not suggest a "warning" (in fact orange is quite cheery, upbeat, positive), and red may not suggest "danger", "stop", or "cancel".

I know the class names are normally hidden from visitors and can be changed, and this isn't really a big deal, but it's so much easier if done your end.

Confession: my real reason is that your YJSG core system makes it so quick and easy to create a nice big orange button, and just in case some visitors to our clients websites, happen to check the code, we probably won't want the word "warning" or "danger" mixed in with "Order Now" or "Add to Cart", etc.

If yes, a big thank you.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: Professional Joomla Templates,WordPress Themes - Joomla Templates Club

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Client
04-18-2014, 10:45 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
bud , those class names are bootstrap defaults
Base Bootstrap
, we cant go ahead and change them,

what you can do is add own declaration/overrides for them or make own set of buttons for your customers