Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

YJ Module Engine - is it possible to link from?

03-23-2014, 11:48 AM
# 21 (permalink)
dmuller
Okay, the duplicate modules are simply there to illustrate/show what is happening with the YJ module and what I would like to happen, I have had to use some other extension to show this.

First row of four JY Module engine. Click on any of those and the same article appears, either in a new page or the same page.

Second row of four third-party extension. Click on any of those and the actual article, which is a different article to article in the module, appears on a new page.

One article opens another article, in a new page, that is what I would like to achieve please Neo, either with the YJ module engine or if not possible with any other of your extensions (as I prefer the YJ stuff over many others).

I was kidding about thinking less of me, just a misunderstanding between UK humour and US
03-23-2014, 12:01 PM
# 22 (permalink)
neo
Lol , ok UK makes sense now That is why you like to explain things in every bit detail.

But , you still did not answer the question,

Why , why do you want this functionality?
What is it that you are trying to "hide" ( not display ) in original article ,
you do know that you have Intro and full text and you can always
hide Intro text in full page view

this way your intro text can be anything else , and you page view ( full text ) can be something totally different and you dont have to make 8 articles instead of 4

I dont know any other extension that looks like YJME and links to something else other than what is displayed without reconstruction,

Image sliders yes they can do this but not newsflash modules.
03-23-2014, 12:03 PM
# 23 (permalink)
dmuller
So clicking this:
Screenshot by Lightshot
Yields this:
Screenshot by Lightshot
Whereas clicking this:
http://prntscr.com/33e6so
Yields this (the desired result):
http://prntscr.com/33e741

Clicking on the front page module article opens another article in the same window. Any way to achieve this with any extension YJ supply is my preferred option IF the YJ Module Engine is unable to do this.
03-23-2014, 12:11 PM
# 24 (permalink)
dmuller
Ah, right! I did not know that you could hide the intro text .

So what I was trying to acheive is have four easily editable articles, that had minimal text and copy and use those to link to a more detailed article, with other images. Now I know that you can hide the intro text maybe I can rework this to use the same article as you suggest.

The reason why I wanted to do this was in one instance the front page article (the one for 'Recent Work') would actually open an image gallery, rather than an article.

Would you be able to give me a step by step (fools guide) to creating the necessary links in the menu structure to achieve the result whereby the document opens in a new window. I have managed to do it with 3 out of the 4 but the third one along (twin wall seems to open in the same page) and I cannot work out what I did wrong (I thought I had done the same for each).

Thanks for the weekend reply, I honestly didn't expect to hear anything till Monday.
03-23-2014, 12:26 PM
# 25 (permalink)
dmuller
I've just done what you suggested with the first article, I think this may work out fine.

Also, I figured out what went wrong with the third article, I was getting confused with the duplicate articles. This also now displays in a new window. Scratch the step-by-step fools guide, I may have just elevated myself from village fool to the lofty intellectual heights of village dummy.
03-23-2014, 12:27 PM
# 26 (permalink)
neo
For article to be open on its own page you need to do one of these 2

1) Publish article category in any Joomla menu
2) Publish article in any Joomla menu

Hide intro can be set in that article/category menu item settings
or in Joomla article/category settings

Screenshot by Lightshot
03-23-2014, 12:40 PM
# 27 (permalink)
dmuller
Using this method, as there is a new menu for each article (although hidden) could I display a module on the page that is opened?

Thanks for your time Neo. I'll be back on this on Monday, goodbye and thanks for now.
03-23-2014, 01:01 PM
# 28 (permalink)
neo
you can display anything on that specific page only
assign new module to that page , it will be visible in module Menu assignments
03-24-2014, 05:59 AM
# 29 (permalink)
dmuller
Yes, just tested this and it works fine so I can now put the gallery in a module and display it under the article copy.

Many thanks for your help in getting my head around this!