Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Demo - unzip first??

07-17-2008, 09:36 AM
# 1 (permalink)
treehugger
Can I ask a silly question?

No?

Good cos Im going to.
Why do you have to unzip demos first?
Joomla will only let you install zipped templates.

Is confuzzled.
:unsure:
07-17-2008, 10:22 AM
# 2 (permalink)
CProject60
Because the demo contains multiple files. It contains a copy of Joomla with the sample demo database. Also the template and all of the modules and components that are needed to be installed. You install the Demo version of Joomla like you would install a regular version of Joomla. Just like a regular version of Joomla needs to be unzipped before you install it. So dose the demo.

NOTE: Read this post.
http://<br /> http://www.youjoomla....-newsline.html
07-17-2008, 10:52 AM
# 3 (permalink)
treehugger
OK
Thats cool - thanks for the link.

BUT....what if I already have Joomla installed and I just want the demo template with all the mods?
Do I have to unzip everything and then zip them back up as separate files?
07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
# 4 (permalink)
CProject60
If you already have content installed just download the template and all of the components and modules that go with it. You dont need to download the demo.

Then you would have to install the template and all of the modules manually. One of the easiest ways to do this is to install the demo in a sub directory. And switch back and forth between the two to copy the codes to your main website. Make sure you have your wysiwyg editor turned off so that you dont strip out the codes.

Also you would need to upload any image files that are being used to the main website.