Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Piecemaker not showing up...

12-05-2013, 11:31 AM
# 1 (permalink)
mikelawrey

Hello,

I installed a piecemaker on my home page (showcase-b position) and it was working fine for a while, now it isn't showing up. I also installed one on the page of Garage Storage Systems, so the module is working.

I did some research and found a few articles talking about a Jquery version conflict, which I tried addressing and everything was working fine, now all of a sudden it isnt working. Could this be a cache or flash issue? Thanks.

UPDATE: It wasnt working in Firefox, but working fine in Safari...I cleared the cache in Firefox now it pops up...hope that helps.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: No

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: vanguardspacesolutions.com

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: Yes

Is this personal or client website?: Client
12-05-2013, 11:36 AM
# 2 (permalink)
arefund
Hello mikelawrey.

I can see that your piecemaker is working properly on your homepage, no issues.
Please advise.

Thank you.
Kindness costs the least, but is worth the most!
12-05-2013, 11:39 AM
# 3 (permalink)
mikelawrey

Arefund,

Thanks for the quick response, I just recently updated my thread before you responded b/c it wasnt working in FF so I cleared the cache and it started working. I also have been getting feedback from other people saying it's not showing up on their browsers, is this something I can fix/avoid? I would like to have it working always w/o having to worry about it... Thanks.
12-05-2013, 02:04 PM
# 5 (permalink)
mikelawrey

Ok I added a crossdomain.xml file to my root www. folder, and it was working fine, then it stopped working again for a while. It seems very intermittent, which leads me to believe it could be a cache issue? Again, I am using Firefox, and it's weird b/c it's only the home page module doing this...
12-05-2013, 02:43 PM
# 7 (permalink)
mikelawrey

Ok I cleaned up the image names, and now the roles are reversed... www. works, and the no add-on domain doesnt. I have tried all variations of the crossdomain.xml file too. Any other suggestions? If this xml file wont work I might try a redirect
12-05-2013, 04:00 PM
# 8 (permalink)
neo
thing is that xml gets the first load visite link , example , first time you go to site if you go from www the xml gets www as links
and than your cross domain should work , but it seems like it does not
you migh want to do htacces redirect from
non www to www , and first visit you site from www so that xml gets created with it