Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

YJSG install on 3.0 not available due to config error

03-31-2013, 01:18 AM
# 1 (permalink)
allfive
The template folder exists (/templates/yougrids) but YJSG does not appear in Template manager. After installing over a fresh J3.0.3 install, I discovered the configuration.php file was 444. Grrrr.

I changed permissions to 644 but don't know what to do next? Delete the /templates/yougrids folder and re-install?

Thx.

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 3.x

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: Home

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Personal

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 3.x

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: Home

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No

Is this personal or client website?: Personal
04-01-2013, 02:57 PM
# 2 (permalink)
allfive
I deleted the YJSG template folder and reinstalled Demo_Yougrids-J3x via Extension Manager. Permissions are fine. Got the "Success" confirmation.

No go.

YJSG doesn't exist anywhere in the UI. It does exist in /templates in Cpanel.

This is not my first template/framework install. What do I have to do to make this work???

{BTW, Quick Reply doesn't work.}

04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
# 4 (permalink)
neo
you might want to brush up on the install instructions
Youjoomla - Template Docs

those are for 2.5.x but same steps are to be made for 3.x

side note: my last 2 posts were made with quick reply
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
# 5 (permalink)
allfive
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo
you might want to brush up on the install instructions
Youjoomla - Template Docs
I started from the installation documentation page. From the choices given none say they are full Joomla installs. However, I did click on the second choice, "YouGrids Template". I assumed it would begin a download of the template but it took me to ten download choices mixed with "demo" and "template". I saw only one choice for 3.x: "YouGrids Demo for Joomla 3.x". One expects to be taken to a more focused page, not less focused. It was confusing.

I now see, out of the ten options, there is a "YouGrids 1.7 and UP" choice. Why not say "1.7, 2.5, and 3.x"? We all do so much reading on screen, trying to filter out quickly what is not relevant. I just scanned mainly for numbers (I have difficulty seeing).

I am not used to seeing templates that are compatible all the way from 1.7 to 3x. I have been with Joomla since version 1.0 so I've been thru a lot of template sites and template installs. Joomla is tough enough without additional UI issues.

However, my question was: what do I do now? Delete /templates/yougrids and install "Template_Yougrids-J17andUP" and "Plugin_Yjmegamenu-J17andUP"? (My experience with Joomla is to take nothing for granted. There is a gotcha lurking in every corner.)

Quote:
side note: my last 2 posts were made with quick reply
After submitting my "quick reply", I was greeted with a fully loaded blank screen. Upon returning to the thread, there was no reply posted. I then felt confident there was a problem worth reporting.

This post is not a quick reply, AFIK, but I just hit "submit reply" and was taken to the same fully loaded blank screen.

Mac, Chrome 25.0.1364.172

I'm sorry we're off to such a difficult start.

Thank you.
04-02-2013, 06:49 AM
# 6 (permalink)
allfive
Everything is fine now. Nice framework.

I use a custom .htaccess via Akeeba's AdminTools and had to allow direct access to:

templates/yougrids/yjsgcore/yjsgajax_reset.php
templates/yougrids/elements/yjsgupdate.php

I look forward to exploring how to use YJSG.