Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Please tweak mbox to link from main menu

01-24-2013, 03:54 PM
# 1 (permalink)
dmuller
So, here's the thing. I can use Modalizer to create a link from a main menu item to a Modal pop-up (in my case this plays a video). But wouldn't it be nice if the YJ MediaBox could do this instead? Then I wouldn't need multiple modal plug-ins.

Use the same syntax {mbox}{/mbox} to surround the link title in the Menu Manager (just as Modalizer uses the {modal}{/modal}), such a simple system and so easy to implement.

So come on guys, how about it?

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: Joomla 2.5

MySQL Version: 5.x

PHP version: 5.x

Link to installation: none

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: N/A
01-25-2013, 09:59 AM
# 2 (permalink)
neo
if more members from the club ask for it we might look in to that , but since mbox exists and that is about 5 years now , this is first time someone is asking to use it inside the menu items. you can always publish the mbox module within the menu item and use your links there
01-26-2013, 01:48 PM
# 3 (permalink)
dmuller
Okay, I'd be interested in finding out how to do just that. It could prove to be a good solution to the problem I have.
01-26-2013, 02:32 PM
# 4 (permalink)
neo
Screenshot by Lightshot

see that , use yougrids demo, install mbox plugin , go to topmenu1 module position , find that module, it is html mod , unpublish it , instead of that mod , publish multimediabox module in position topmenu1 add your mbox links in there
01-26-2013, 02:37 PM
# 5 (permalink)
neo
or , install mbox plugin. publish mbox module in topmenu position published on all pages
create top level menu item like "Videos" ,
create new menu item as child of Videos, to your right find YJ Mega Menu Parameters , click on module position, find your position and publish

Screenshot by Lightshot