Hello there! Welcome to Youjoomla Support Forums

We are Web Development Company specializing in Joomla Templates , Joomla Extensions and WordPress Themes development . You are not able to see some forum threads due to your memberhip level. To unlock all forums and special customer support please take few moments to signup . If you are just searching for free joomla templates , or free joomla extension support simply head to our Free Joomla Support forums and open a new thread. Our moderators will help you as soon as possible. To spead up the response time please take few seconds and go over forum rules

Have fun!

Why does piecemaker make a folder outside of public_html?

06-20-2012, 08:49 AM
# 1 (permalink)
TekMiL
Guys I hope you can shed some light on this for me.

I noticed that YJpiecemaker creates a folder outside of the public_html one..

It is called: 'public_htmlhttp:'

What is that for and WHY is it created? Inside of the folder is another folder that has my domain name as its name: mydomain.com

Inside of THAT folder is one called 'Modules' and then within that is a 'mod_yj_piecemaker' folder which contains a folder called 'css' and inside that is a single css file.

Now the thing is, in my ACTUAL public_html folder the exact SAME structure exists!??

I do not understand why this is happening? Does anyone know?

Are you sure your are posting in product assigned forum?: Yes

What is your CMS version?: N/A

MySQL Version: N/A

PHP version: N/A

Link to installation: tekmil.com

Have you edited any files? If yes tell us which ones.: No
06-21-2012, 02:34 PM
# 2 (permalink)
arefund
Hello TekMiL.

When you install the module, he is first going through the temp folder and then its going to the folder he should be, in this case modules. It might be that he created that extra folder into the temp folder. Please check and clear the temp folder.

Thank you.
Kindness costs the least, but is worth the most!
08-08-2012, 07:07 AM
# 3 (permalink)
TekMiL
HI,

Yep there is NO temp folder in my joomla structure at all. There is one called tmp though.

But there is nothing in there relating to piecemaker.

Also I deleted that folder that is outside of public_html..refreshed the FTP and it comes back.

I want to know WHY your mod is creating this folder outside of public_html! That is not acceptable.
08-09-2012, 09:13 AM
# 4 (permalink)
arefund
I am using Piecemaker and i never had that extra folder outside the public_html, i am not sure what that could be, might be your server is creating it or something else. Give me some time to figure it out.
Kindness costs the least, but is worth the most!